Tethering with AT&T Unlimited

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
All, my family switched to the AT&T unlimited plan last night. Found out it doesn’t include tethering ..... which I do use for work fairly regularly.

Question is - is there an app, or a way, to enable the tethering without jailbreak? I remember back when I used to jailbreak mydevices, there was PDA Net and iTether .... are there apps like that that would work to allow me to tether with my current plan?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
All, my family switched to the AT&T unlimited plan last night. Found out it doesn’t include tethering ..... which I do use for work fairly regularly.

I personally would have work furnish me with a hot spot device if I had to use it that often. That is, unless you're getting reimbursed.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally would have work furnish me with a hot spot device if I had to use it that often. That is, unless you're getting reimbursed.

My work doesn’t do that. I really just like that convenience. Kinda lame that they give you unlimited but you can’t tether.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My work doesn’t do that. I really just like that convenience. Kinda lame that they give you unlimited but you can’t tether.

Yeah, some companies offer unlimited, but tethering is additional.

I too did the tethering thing for a while but when work decided to stop reimbursing me for part of my cell phone bill, I stopped doing it and told them they needed to furnish me with a hot spot if they wanted me to continue to work in the field.

Many companies take advantage of employees. Make sure if you're spending money to work, you get that money back, or they need to furnish you with the tools.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I will have to check with him tonight when he gets home but my husbands office recently switched from Verizon to AT&T. When they were with Verizon, he actually did have a hotspot that he could use. Unfortunately, that went away when they switched to AT&T. However, I’m pretty sure. That he can tether to another device, so I’m thinking that must be part of his office’s corporate plan with AT&T.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I will have to check with him tonight when he gets home but my husbands office recently switched from Verizon to AT&T. When they were with Verizon, he actually did have a hotspot that he could use. Unfortunately, that went away when they switched to AT&T. However, I’m pretty sure. That he can tether to another device, so I’m thinking that must be part of his office’s corporate plan with AT&T.

You can tether if you pay for the more expensive unlimited plan. I think it’s silly. I’m already paying enough for my plan. .... not gonna pay even more for tethering.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You can tether if you pay for the more expensive unlimited plan. I think it’s silly. I’m already paying enough for my plan. .... not gonna pay even more for tethering.

I agree with you! My husband did confirm that his office is paying for this, and that if I wanted the ability to tether on my plan, we’d have to pay extra.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you! My husband did confirm that his office is paying for this, and that if I wanted the ability to tether on my plan, we’d have to pay extra.

Also you can tether on AT&T if you have a cheaper metered “mobile share advantage” data plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrea2106tasca1968