Test the iPhone by a drop of water?

Lily156

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Recently I have seen some post said that we can text whether the iPhone screen is OEM or not by a drop of water. The method is quite easy. Put a drop of water on the screen. If the droplet doesn?t disperse, then the screen is OEM. Just like the picture show. Do you think this method is available or does it have any scientific bases?
QQ??20150901120706.png

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There are plenty of chemicals and cleaners someone can put on a screen to do the same thing and still have the phone work fine.

I for one would not be putting water on my screen no matter what.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the tip, but like the others, I'll pass. I don't care if the screen is OEM or not as long as it works in the manner it's suppose to.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If it performs as its supposed to, why bother with testing? I would never put water on my screen for any reason. OP, do you have reason to suspect your screen is bogus? What source are you getting these cockamamy ideas from?

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it's a test of the oleophobic coating that any good glass screen has. Although a good swipe with Rain-X could 'fool' the test, and would require constant reapplication to be effective.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the hitting your iPhone screen with a hammer test yet? I guess if it breaks it’s not an OEM screen, or vise versa. ( I keep getting those two mixed up) ...