Tech21 Case Question

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been an Otterbox Defender user since my very first BlackBerry way back when. I work in public safety and their cases have saved many of my devices from what could have been perilous situations. But, there's always a but, when I had my 6 Plus I also used one of the Tech21 Patriot cases and liked it.

I came across the Evo Tactical Extreme Edition for the 7 Plus today and I really like the looks of it. Plus, and some may think I'm silly, one of the bigger things I like about it is that with the holster the case slides down into it rather than a snap/latch type that you see with the Defender Series. And I know there aren't a lot of folks that like or use holsters but for me I can't stand having a lot of stuff in my pockets, plus I need my phone readily accessible when on duty.

Have any of you guys used one of these or currently using one for the 7 Plus? If so what are your thoughts? Out of all the reviews I've read on Best Buy, VZW, different forums, etc, they're mixed with great results and not so great results. Any help or such you guys might have would be great!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t used one myself, I’m not a huge fan of Tech21. Their cases are hit and miss for me. I believe I’ll be getting an Evo Tactical sometime soon to review.

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and picked up the Tech21 Evo Tactical Extreme Edition case for my 7 Plus earlier & I really like it so far. If you guys can bear with me until tomorrow I'll post up a review with pics and such. My DSLR camera battery needs to be charged and it's close to my bed time lol.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and picked up the Tech21 Evo Tactical Extreme Edition case for my 7 Plus earlier & I really like it so far. If you guys can bear with me until tomorrow I'll post up a review with pics and such. My DSLR camera battery needs to be charged and it's close to my bed time lol.

Awesome! Look forward to seeing the pics

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, I know I had said I was going to post some pics and do a review but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to. The only review I have to give is that 4 hours into using the Tech21 Evo Tactical Extreme Edition with my 7 Plus I wound up with a cracked front glass.........

I was standing up (I'm about 5'11") and had the holster on my belt. I was attempting to put the phone back into the holster and missed causing the phone to fall to the floor, which was roughly about a 3' fall. This was the floor in my living room which is carpeted. It landed not quite square on one of the bottom corners and the front glass was history. So my iPhone 7 Plus that I'd had just over 7 days had to be replaced.

My position on this case, it's reliability: Zero stars & I'd not recommend it to anyone. I got my insurance replacement and I've gone back to my Otterbox Defender.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77