Tech armor HD vs Zagg Invisibleshield HDx

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This is in regards to the regular screen protectors, not glass. So I ordered the tech armor 3 pack (just 99c with free shipping!). Hasn't arrived yet, but I'm wondering.....I've heard that there IS a big difference in quality between expensive screen protectors and cheap ones. However, I've also heard that tech armor is one of the best brands. I basically paid 33c per screen protector. Is it really worth it to pay upwards of $35 for the zagg invisibleshield ?! What could it offer that the 33c tech armor one does not? Maybe it is clearer? Haven't received my tech armor yet

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea, and I'm not one to cover my screen with anything. I highly doubt 'screen protectors' can "prevent" a screen from getting cracked, but it may be helpful in preventing it from getting scratched. Then again, none of the screens I've had on my iPhones have never gotten scratched and I've dropped them a few times on the pavement. I suppose it depends on what level of protection you're willing to pay for. If paying 33 cents is good enough protection for you then so be it, in my opinion...:)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like getting better protectors. The HDx is excellent. I have it on my daughter's 5C and she's pretty rough with her device. I have been using the glass ones and won't go back. I've use Spigen and Zagg on my 5S and now have the Luvvitt on my 6. They're all great. I think the Spigen was my favorite of the three.

Secretagnt

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Zagg Glass on my 6 plus and I LOVE IT .... I had one on my 5s as well ... Loved it there too ..

That being said before the glass I had the HDX .... LOVED IT as well ... just liked the glass a little better

Zagg= Well worth it in my opinion

tororojo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I just pulled off a 99 cent screen protector and thought it was fine even with finger smudges.I bought a zagg hdx for 27$ with tax and applied it, I thought what a waste of money cause it seemed the same as my dollar one.
Well I'll tell you the next day I was surprised,I had a screen that had no smudges and it really looked good watching a video and the home screen! This is a good product and easy to apply. It is worth the cash, lil plastic like but it heals it self so that's a good exchange, looks hd like the screen but not sure if x means plastic feeling

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of Zagg and I have the HDx on my phone now. Compared to the cheaper screen protectors the Zagg stands above. It does a great job of not showing finger prints and skin oil. Zagg also has a lifetime replacement warranty. I believe it will protect the screen from scratches and provide extra strength in case of a drop. I have been using one since my iPhone 4s.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I have tried a lot of them and I really like the HDX. It's been on for 3 months. I normally have to replace or just take it off after a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyito2000

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I've tried Zagg's InvisibleShield Glass 9H for my iPhone 6. So far, the edges have been chipping every 1-2 months. Fortunately, Zagg has replaced them. What a disappointment. Tempered glass is not for me. I am going to try Zagg's HDX.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Zagg's InvisibleShield Glass 9H for my iPhone 6. So far, the edges have been chipping every 1-2 months. Fortunately, Zagg has replaced them. What a disappointment. Tempered glass is not for me. I am going to try Zagg's HDX.

Agreed. I have the HDX and my wife has the glass. I like my HDX better and it's help up really well for the last 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2