Team Pure what if...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
at least it appears people in this thread have tried it instead of chiming in and going against it because of what they "read" or "had a friend that had problems"

i can honestly say that most JB issues are operator errors, lack of troubleshooting skills, lack of knowledge of what is in front of them and more than likely should not be tinkering with their device, or any at that matter, to begin with

i feel very comfortable tweaking the living hell out of my device and continuing using it as my "daily driver".. and that's attributed to trial & error and simple knowledge of working with system files

mlaz14

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have my 3G jailbroken for SBSettings just so I can toggle 3G on and off quickly. It's the only tweak I have so I might as well not be jailbroken. I had my phone for 2 years before I knew what jailbreaking was so I could easily go without it but since my phone is no longer supported with updates there's no reason to undo it. I have no desire to tinker or add other things and when the iphone 5 comes out I'll probably leave it stock since I'll want updates as they come and not have to wait for new exploits.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'll probably end up going to the tethering plan which will eliminate much of the reason for me to jailbreak. Hopefully iOS 5 will give some needed improvements to make jailbreaking less appealing.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I can think of 2 reasons not to jailbreak:

You want to be able to update to newest version

You feel insecure giving apps the ability to have root access and play outside the safe sandbox apple has put each app in each by themselves. Happy safe and ignorant to the dangers of the sometimes cruel outside world.

Another good reason I didn't think of, I always want the newest OS ASAP!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow some crazy good points I really enjoyed reading through all the reasons and like BLiNK said I'm glad no one was putting it as if Pure is the better and only way. I have been on both sides of the fence my iPhone 4 right now is on 4.3 stock so it's not that I'm against it but if there is a JB I'd rather be JBen personally. I don't buy into the battery drain issues especially because I've had real issues on vanilla firmware multiple times just recently my 4.3 but love the reasons so far.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've gone pure since I couldn't restore 4.2 and hand no choice and upgraded to 4.3. I've been mobile banking and purchasing more on my iPhone and was wondering security issues with jailbreaking?

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've gone pure since I couldn't restore 4.2 and hand no choice and upgraded to 4.3. I've been mobile banking and purchasing more on my iPhone and was wondering security issues with jailbreaking?

I don't think there are any real security issues with jailbreaking (at lest no new ones ;) )

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use to JB much more before iOS 4.0 as I wanted to change my wallpapers. Now, I really dont care. I dont run themes and I hardly ever used any of the JB apps. Also, my iPhone has always performed better running pure so I just dont see the point anymore.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 using greenpois0n. It became really unstable, with the battery draining at almost a percent per minute. It would freeze, and once it even shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I had to put it into DFU mode to restore it. After that, I went pure again. I'm sure those were just freak occurrences, but the jailbreak didn't really offer me any functionality that I felt I really needed.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow some crazy good points I really enjoyed reading through all the reasons and like BLiNK said I'm glad no one was putting it as if Pure is the better and only way. I have been on both sides of the fence my iPhone 4 right now is on 4.3 stock so it's not that I'm against it but if there is a JB I'd rather be JBen personally. I don't buy into the battery drain issues especially because I've had real issues on vanilla firmware multiple times just recently my 4.3 but love the reasons so far.

I am seeing my battery life get worse by the day with 4.3 it seems.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I am seeing my battery life get worse by the day with 4.3 it seems.

Yeah I had to restore my phone yesterday and so far the battery seems to be back to normal. I also like to shut my phone down on the weekend, I plug it in to charge then turn the phone off so it charges while the phone is off for four or five hours. I found that it feels like it makes a difference. This could just be mind over matter lol

chirmer I would comment but I'll do that in the other AT&T vs MyWi thread since I don't want to hijack my own thread.

Reactions: BrindawithanI

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I rooted a lot of android phones, and I jailbroke my iphone.. I just went back to stock this morning. I'll need some convincing to jailbreak. I didn't do any themes or anything, just some basic stuff. It seems like everytime I jailbreak, I read a bad jailbreak story.