Talk me into a 4S!

jamie

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I currently own a launch day Evo 4G. April 1st I will be upgrade eligible. I want to have someone talk me into an iphone over another Android device. I have never owned any apple products and appreciate any input for my upcoming decision.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the iPhone 5 it's just around the corner. Then you can convince yourself to join the team.

?

Just around the corner is likely October, so for the OP - ask yourself. Do you want to wait on the iP5 and whatever that is or do you want the 4s now? I'm extremely happy with my 4s. I won't be upgrading though I will be eligible to upgrade. I bought my 4s off contract. I haven't had any dealings with any phones other than BBs and the iPhone4s now but I'm an iPhone gal for life.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before returning to the iPhone (I had an iPhone 3G in '08), I was using an HTC EVO 4G and loved it. It was rooted and I flashed nearly every custom rom available and had a blast doing it. To me, it as well as other Android devices are miniature computers that I can manipulate at will. Then I guess I got bored with it and needed a break from all of the flashing etcetera. Yes, I could have simply restored the EVO to its original state and left well enough alone, however, there was always an urge to tinker with it. I decided to buy the iPhone 4S (I bought it two weeks after launch) and I'm glad I did. My iPhone isn't jailbroken and I have no desire whatsoever to jailbreak it. It is simple, speedy, well-built and professional looking. I'm at peace with it as-is and that's what I need. Therefore, if you're in the market to change, don't hesitate. Get the 4S. Your Google integration will be seamless. However, if you've invested a great deal of money into Android apps then you might want to consider sticking with Android.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

bcpalma

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was a long time Blackberry, then Droid user. 2 weeks in the books with my 4S. I can't believe I fought it for so long, the OS alone just has me floored. No battery pulls, able to switch apps lightening fast, taking pics is a breeze (droid used to freeze). Really, no complaints on my end. Pull the trigger and joinn Apple!

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had an iPhone since launch day of the first one, but for business I have the Galaxy. I sooo prefer the iPhones! They just work. You don't have to do anything to them unless you want to. The incredible customer service at apple is another thing I really love. I am handicap and the apple devices have truly made my ability to communicate much easier. I'm thankful for that.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I currently own a launch day Evo 4G. April 1st I will be upgrade eligible. I want to have someone talk me into an iphone over another Android device. I have never owned any apple products and appreciate any input for my upcoming decision.

Some of the latest android devices are pretty cool. However, you will be upset going to a 4s device that lacks 4g capability now but will have the ability come the fall. Not to mention a much smaller screen. Trust me clarity does not make up for it. I still miss my DX display.

Unless you plan on upgrading to a 4s now and paying full retail for the new iPhone later, then go ahead make the switch. Apple will appreciate your $$$.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my 4S. I've only owned BBs and iPhones, so I can't really see it from an Android user's perspective. I don't jailbreak, I love the device as-is. Even as a BB user I never used themes. I don't care for a big screen and I'm happy with the gorgeous retina display of the 4S.

Unless you have your heart set on getting the iPhone5, I'd consider the 4S. Even if you don't like it after 30 days, just take it back to your carrier.

I don't think I'll ever leave iPhone again. For one, I've spent so much money on apps, but it's just a great overall device that works like it's supposed to. And Apple's customer service can't be beat. I'd much rather deal with Apple than my carrier. :)

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I miss the size of my Droid x display but that's all, the iPhone is the total package it's smooth fast and responsive it does what I need and seems like it never complains. Also the updates come much more frequently with ios versus android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamie

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Right now I'm leaning towards waiting on the "New iPhone!" I won't know for sure until April 1st gets here. I'm afraid if I get the 4s I will be happy, but will be kicking myself in 6 months. I really think Apple is going to come out with something awesome this fall.

Again, thanks for all the great input from you forum trolls! lol just kidding! :D

jamie

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well my upgrade started April 1st. April 2nd I couldn't stand it and went and bought a 4s! I'm loving everything about it so far!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well my upgrade started April 1st. April 2nd I couldn't stand it and went and bought a 4s! I'm loving everything about it so far!

Outstanding! I'm glad you're pleased with your new iPhone 4S and welcome aboard. The care and have a great Easter weekend. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Great choice! Remember you can sell the 4S for $400+ and get the new iphone when it comes out. Enjoy:D

ros3ntan

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the new iphone. My experience with ios is i dont feel that im using a phone. Everything is just there. With android i have to look for apps that i need or games that fun.i can feel the limitation..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods