Taking the Nuud back...

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about getting the Fre. Just gonna have to get of the Newton gas and air bubbles. The Nuud is just to expensive and really don't care for this case. Like the Fre better except for the screen protector.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had both and preferred the nuud. That's just my personal opinion. The iPhone screen is so nice and clear I preferred to not cover it up.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I used the Fre for 5 months straight when I got my i5 it survived a major motorcycle accident several drops it was worth the newton effects on the screen but since I got my i5s I'm not as anal as I was with my first iPhone I still have the Fre and will use it when I go camping even thou it will mute my touch ID but now I like my little gel case and naked screen

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to BestBuy yesterday and checked out both the Nudd and Fre. I like them both, but I change cases far to often and was advised that these type of cases were not designed for constant removal and that it would ruin the seal in the long run. Any opinions on that therory?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I went to BestBuy yesterday and checked out both the Nudd and Fre. I like them both, but I change cases far to often and was advised that these type of cases were not designed for constant removal and that it would ruin the seal in the long run. Any opinions on that therory?

I did read hear that Lifeproof states you can only remove it X amount of times before it loses its water effectiveness

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Secretagnt

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nuud with a zagg extreme screen protector does it for me. Love them both but right now rocking a "vintage" Apple 5s brown leather case and loving it.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The Fre it states that you can remove it 50 times before the warranty is voided for being waterproof.

There should be a video or something on the Lifeproof website that says you can remove the cases an infinite number of time nows - you just need to check the seal each time. I know on the iPhone 4 case there was definitely a limit but I'm almost certain that's been removed.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a i5 Fre for my 5s', just for that extra life-proofness whenever I feel it's needed. ...but TBH, I can't imagine ever putting my phone in a situation where a waterproof case would really be necessary. ...or putting the case on/off 50X but who knows?

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE