bigblue2007

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have T-Mobile in the Boston-Quincy MA, Attleboro MA, Providence RI area? Is it any good coverage wise? I have AT&T currently. I have two lines unlimited phone and text. I get 30 gbs to share for two phones. I have the double your data. I also get 15% off. My bill for two lines is about $150 after taxes.

T-Mobile can offer me unlimited text, calls and, data for $120 before taxes for 2 lines. Should I do it? I wish I could test it. I'm afraid to switch because I lose my AT&T grandfathered deal.

Any input from from our imore forums is appreciates. Thanks.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have T mobile and I'm in Boston for school! I think with phone plans generally you pay for what you get. I used to have Verizon and I had mildly better service, but paid like double the price! Also, T mobile doesn't seem to have reliable data rates like Verizon did (in the way that when I had two bars of Verizon my data would be a certain speed, if I had three bars my data would be faster, etc, with T mobile sometimes you can have full 5 bars of 4g LTE and it's slower than when I had 2 bars of 4g LTE.) That being said, I've never had a problem with service in Boston (around the Allston area). My sister gets good service in the medical district in Boston. The only place I remember having bad service is in the middle of nowhere in Florida. Or sometimes when you're in a basement. Although, even when I have bad service I never have a problem sending texts. The only problem I've every noticed was calls getting dropped, but that might've been the other caller's service.

T mobile does occasionally have deals where you can cut the cost of signing on, maybe you should wait/look for those deals.
(Also look into T mobile's binge on service, if you can qualify for that, you can get free high speed data towards music streaming, netflix, hbo go, and many other things. That free data, plus cheaper data rates, makes it very worth it for me. (Also, the fact that you can switch phones up to three times a year!)

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have T-Mobile in the Boston-Quincy MA, Attleboro MA, Providence RI area? Is it any good coverage wise? I have AT&T currently. I have two lines unlimited phone and text. I get 30 gbs to share for two phones. I have the double your data. I also get 15% off. My bill for two lines is about $150 after taxes.

T-Mobile can offer me unlimited text, calls and, data for $120 before taxes for 2 lines. Should I do it? I wish I could test it. I'm afraid to switch because I lose my AT&T grandfathered deal.

Any input from from our imore forums is appreciates. Thanks.

Be worth getting a pre-paid for a month to test the reception...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Be worth getting a pre-paid for a month to test the reception...

This is a good idea. Just make sure they use the whole network.

You can also check apps like RootMetrics

Cell Phone Coverage Map by RootMetrics
https://appsto.re/us/wEV0x.i

They also have a website you can get the same info. Worth peeking at before you go through the trouble of a prepaid phone. It's user reported so keep that in mind.

bigblue2007

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the sim card for both lines. What the heck... lets give it a shot. I like saving money and it is time to take a chance.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile works great on the city. That's about it. I'm 30 mins south of Boston and I can tell you that as soon as you travel outside of a city area around here (there's plenty of farm land) you're in the dark. I spent 6 months selling T-Mobile plans and phones last year and I can honestly say that the people that came in with Verizon or At&t would come in days later wanting to cancel. If you're paying 150 after taxes and T-Mobile will realistically be about 137ish after taxes (we used to calculate $8 a phone in fees and taxes) $13 a month for way better cs and coverage is worth it.

Just an example. I've had At&t for 5 years. I sold T-Mobile and could have gotten a killer deal on a plan but after hearing horror stories from customers that switched and taking a Samsung demo phone with a store SIM card for a week I was not sold in even the slightest.

Do what you would like but if it were me. $13 is worth it a month to pay for more reliable service.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I had TMobile. I also found it good in the city but in buildings or my home I had a tremendous amount of dead zones. I went to Verizon and have had no issues. I feel you get what you paid for.

bigblue2007

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have tested it out so far. I'm still in my 14 day trial period. I had to drive from Attleboro, MA to Cincinnati, OH (via Cleveland and Buffalo, NY). While on a long distance trip it worked well a lot of the time. It wasn't as good as AT&T for coverage in the "sticks". In the city and suburban areas it seems just as good. Where I live it seems pretty good. Seems to work on stores where I love too.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have T-Mobile in Boston area and it is fantastic, very fast and reliable. Mass Pike is solid LTE and all surrounding areas.
83e453b03cf144031b35b64c63bfdb69.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox