syncing itunes and iphone; How to sync only music and nothing else

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Lets say I made some changes to songs I have on my computer and I want those changes to be applied on my iphone as well.

I connect my devise and then go to my devices on itunes and then music and then at the bottom right click on sync.

But even though I was in the music section, everything else syncs as well which is unnecessary and takes time.

How to change this so only the items you wanted get synced.

For example only music, or only pictures ,...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iTunes doesn't offer selective sync. You can sync everything, or you can manage your songs individually. You can't just sync photos.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Also iTunes only has sync activity if something you have selected has changed... if not it checks and then moves on. So if you never let iTunes finish syncing then there will be activity everytime.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You just go into each individual section, I.e. movies, tv shows etc. and there's a checkbox at the top of each to turn sync on or off, turn it off for everything but music, then hit sync.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
You just go into each individual section, I.e. movies, tv shows etc. and there's a checkbox at the top of each to turn sync on or off, turn it off for everything but music, then hit sync.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Yes but if you do that it will erase that content off of your phone if you ever check that box again to add other media like another movie or tv show.
This would defeat the purpose of the OP's request.

Easy solutions,
1)Next time you hook up to iTunes, enable wifi sync. Then when you change your playlist, on your phone you can force it to sync with the new playlist.
-or-
2)Purchase iTunes Match. Problem solved

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73