Sync new iPhone to existing iTunes account

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to pick up a new iPhone 5 this weekend. This will be my first iPhone, so sorry about newbie question.

I currently have an iPod Touch set up with iTunes. I would like to sync apps, calendar, contacts to my new phone. I also have music on my iTunes on the computer, but don't want to sync all of my songs to my new phone.

What is the best way to do this? I've been reading and not sure when I set up my iPhone, should I set it up as a new phone? I'm not sure if I set it up to restore from iTunes if it'll sync everything I have on there for my iPod onto my phone (which I don't want to do).

Thanks for your help to a newbie.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can set it up as new. Once you are done just sync everything you have in your iTunes library to the new phone. Make sure you are using the same iTunes/Apple ID to do this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am planning to pick up a new iPhone 5 this weekend. This will be my first iPhone, so sorry about newbie question.

I currently have an iPod Touch set up with iTunes. I would like to sync apps, calendar, contacts to my new phone. I also have music on my iTunes on the computer, but don't want to sync all of my songs to my new phone.

What is the best way to do this? I've been reading and not sure when I set up my iPhone, should I set it up as a new phone? I'm not sure if I set it up to restore from iTunes if it'll sync everything I have on there for my iPod onto my phone (which I don't want to do).

Thanks for your help to a newbie.

Set it up as a "new phone"... then connect it to your computer and sync the stuff you want there... iTunes will recognize it as a different device, and you will be able to continue syncing both your iPhone and your iPod Touch (and any future iPads or other devices) with iTunes independent of any settings for the other devices... It’s Apple.. it just works. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Good choice on the iPhone 5 ;) like these guys said set it up as new. On a side note you should definately setup iCloud on your Touch and the iPhone. The best thing about it is the next time you get an iPhone all you have to do is sign in to iCloud and restore from iCloud backups which will bring in all your apps, settings, etc. Also when you change contacts on one device it will chang on the other making less work for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox