Sync itunes sorting order with iPhone?

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
ello!
On my old 3GS with iOS 4.2.1 however i synced the sorting order from itunes to my iPhone the sorting order got copied to so if I sorted after "added on" I would get my latest additions on top. Now with my 4S it does follow itunes way or sorting, it justs sort after alphabetic order no matter what order I have in itunes. Any way to get my 4S to follow itunes sorting "rules"?

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes, in itunes you can sort your music/playlist after certain critera (Artist/Title/Album/Added on/Bitrate and more) I would like it to have the same sorting method as the playlist in itunes to the phone. It works perfectly fine with my old 3GS but not the 4S :(

Etermonk

Banned
Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It is only in playlists where you can change the order of tracks according to various criteria. Do do so:

1. Connect your 4S to your iTunes.
2. Select an iPhone playlist where you wish the tracks rearranged to a certain criterion and click on field title

7141560183_985d9c9694_b.jpg

3. Sync your iPhone with iTunes

4. Now go to the same playlist on your device - the tracks should be in the desired order

Note: this does not work for track arrangements outside of playlists such as Artists or Albums categories. It is always in alphabetical order that the tracks will be presented in these categories on your iPhone iTunes app.

Custom rearrangement of tracks in general Categories (and not only in playlists) would be a good feature to think of in the future iOS6 although it would confuse many users. Apple strives to be simple and sometimes this means that more advanced users (with their advanced customization requests) suffer the consequences. ;)

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
The thing is though that in itunes under my phone where I see all the current playlists on my phone the sorting order is the way I want it (Added on) but on my actual phone it is in a completely different order :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods