Switching from XS Max to iPhone 11?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I did i just cant see the difference lol. I might just wait to be honest

If you can't tell a difference, that's fine. I think that means you may be just fine with the 11 rather than a Pro model. The other differentiating factor is the camera. Do you want the telephoto lens or not? If not...then definitely go with the 11. It wouldn't be a downgrade for you personally because the advantages of the higher models don't resonate with you.

When I look at those two phones side by side...I easily see the difference in the way the colors pop out, brightness and clarity.

iMystic158

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
Alright guys, i decided to wait and go for Pro max. Going to get it through Apple though. Going to wait until they arent back ordered

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Almost 2 weeks after the new iPhones launched, and I haven’t bit the upgrade bullet yet. I’m still holding out to switch carriers next year and pay outright for the 2020 iPhone. Hoping I can stick to this for the next 11.5 months.

Looks like I’ll have to take back my words Once they are in stock at my local T-Mobile store, I’ll be upgrading.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn’t plan on upgrading at first.. but I ended up getting the 11 Pro Max. It’s great, but not a lot of difference in my opinion vs the XS Max.

They are showing up in our HQ office and remote sites now. The one person who does notice a lot of difference is the woman in marketing who does the web and social media video content. She said it took maybe two days to start using her phone for some video/photo short segments that prior would be her SLR system with external mic. Maybe she'd be less impressed if she did bot come from a single lens and monaural phone.

Upgrades I'm seeing people do that do not make sense to me are the XS Max user getting an 11 or 7 Plus users getting an XR or 8.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Zero chance. I really like the iPhone Max. It’s a great phone and does everything I need it to do. These phones cost so much, it’s not fiscally responsible for me to upgrade each year.

I agree on all points. Apple has finally not done anything new with the iPhone 11 to nudge me to trade. I’m not much of a photographer...so the ugly-as-homemade-sin camera doesn’t dazzle me, the battery life doesn’t impress me to spend another $1000, and I personally don’t need a purple phone.

That said...I hope I’m not a hypocrite and do it later “”just because”, like I have in the past.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree on all points. Apple has finally not done anything new with the iPhone 11 to nudge me to trade. I’m not much of a photographer...so the ugly-as-homemade-sin camera doesn’t dazzle me, the battery life doesn’t impress me to spend another $1000, and I personally don’t need a purple phone.

That said...I hope I’m not a hypocrite and do it later “”just because”, like I have in the past.

I don't know if it makes me a hypocrite, but one of my kids is complaining an old phone has become unreliable, and I believe I will have an international trip coming up. Those might motivate me to do the superior camera purchase and my XS Max go to the child.

With seeing it up close often now, the look of the new camera isn't bothering me. Yesterday I was doing some work with an associate who has an 11 Pro in early hours outside. He did get nicer images and my understanding is that will only get better with the 13.2 software release.

iMystic158

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
Ok so i went to my local best buy to see if they had an pro maxes in stock . The girl brought a gold 64 gig back but i told her i wanted to 256. So she goes back and to my surprise she found the gray 256 !! So now i have a iPhone 11 pro max lol

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, this was a false statement...LOL. I'm totally happy with my Midnight Green 256gb Pro Max.

That makes two of us. I had every intent of sticking with my Max. But when I took my son to look at the 11, he suggested I give him my Max instead and on the spur of the moment I grabbed an 11 Pro. Both of us are happy now. The Max is a big upgrade over the 7+ he was using; I'm loving being able to easily one-hand messages again.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay... I bit the bullet and got an 11 Pro Max.

She’s heavier than my XSMax but I’m wondering why I’m not as excited about it.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
So far still satisfied with my gold XS Max. I’ve been concentrating more on upgrading my MacBook Pro!!!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I did, the only thing i miss is 3D touch but other that I’m am good with my decision.

I actually thought I would miss the 3D Touch, but I really haven't and also realized that I never used it that much in the first place. However I do miss "peek-n-pop", I thought that was a very cool effect.

Instamixes

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
If you think that iPhone 11 is more compatible than XS MAX then you can switch and I also think that it can be a good choice.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
No plan to switch. The XS Max does all I need and does it very well. The price point on these has also gotten to be prohibitive for me for regular upgrades without a driving need.