Switching From Droid X To 4s

CWP37

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, Verizon sent me shipping info and my 4s is on the way.

I searched the threads for some tips on a smooth conversion from Android to IOS 5, but could only find threads on moving to the IOS 4 and iPhone 4, not the new 4s.

Any tips or tricks I should know before I activate and set things up...hopefully tomorrow?

My wife has an iPhone 4 and she has been having calendar events and contacts disappear into thin air.

We sync calendar/contacts between her phone, my phone, and our gmail accounts. Is there a trick to make this run smoothly?

Thanks.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Just put your gmail account in the new phone and you should be good to go. I came from an Evo and had no problem doing it. I do, however, recommend setting it up as an exchange account, if you want push email.

I've since moved everything to the iCloud, but you don't have to do, Google's services work quite well on the iPhone.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

CWP37

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between setting it up as an Exchange account versus a regular gmail account? (Please pardon my ignorance, here.)

I plan on moving to iCloud and cannot wait for iTunes Match.

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I do contacts and calendar as exchange and email via the gmail setup connection. In addition I had to enable this tweak in order to do the exchange sync properly

Sorry for the funky link but I don't have 10 posts yet

support dot apple dot com/kb/ts3398

iOS 4.0: Exchange Mail, Contacts, or Calendars may not sync after update

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok. That works. I finally have my Google contacts on my phone. And I can see my Google Calendar. But why can't I see Tasks that I put on my Google Calendar? Is there a way to fix that? Tasks are very important to me. My life is task driven and organized. How can I view tasks?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok. That works. I finally have my Google contacts on my phone. And I can see my Google Calendar. But why can't I see Tasks that I put on my Google Calendar? Is there a way to fix that? Tasks are very important to me. My life is task driven and organized. How can I view tasks?

I dont believe tasks sync.. there is a reminders application you can use on the phone but it wont sync with google...

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't do it through the Hotmail Calendar either. I will have to look for an app that enhances this Calendar. It will be a pain to not be able to use to do lists. There must be an app that does If I find it, I will post what it is.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, Verizon sent me shipping info and my 4s is on the way.

I searched the threads for some tips on a smooth conversion from Android to IOS 5, but could only find threads on moving to the IOS 4 and iPhone 4, not the new 4s.

Any tips or tricks I should know before I activate and set things up...hopefully tomorrow?

My wife has an iPhone 4 and she has been having calendar events and contacts disappear into thin air.

We sync calendar/contacts between her phone, my phone, and our gmail accounts. Is there a trick to make this run smoothly?

Thanks.

Most calendar sync issues I see with my users are rather the same with different phones where they're not aware of how many calendars they have on the phone, calendar view or don't have it set up right.

I've moved between Droid X and iPhone 4 personally and via my users. Both are fine.

You wife should take the time to look at how many calendars she's got selected and her sync setup. Also do the Google setup Exchange style as has been suggested.

Good luck.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I still have not found a method to get the phone to synch anything on the task list of Outlook, Google, Hotmail, or Yahoo, with the phone. I don't even see a "tasks" listing in the IOS Calenders. All my calenders are synching fine. Just don't see any way to synch Tasks with Outlook in particular, which I use at work. They're pretty insistent on doing it that way. I'm never going to get them to change that. So I'm still looking for a method to synch tasks, somehow. There must be some sort of calendar extension that does this for iOS 5.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have not found a method to get the phone to synch anything on the task list of Outlook, Google, Hotmail, or Yahoo, with the phone. I don't even see a "tasks" listing in the IOS Calenders. All my calenders are synching fine. Just don't see any way to synch Tasks with Outlook in particular, which I use at work. They're pretty insistent on doing it that way. I'm never going to get them to change that. So I'm still looking for a method to synch tasks, somehow. There must be some sort of calendar extension that does this for iOS 5.

There's a calendar app I use called Calengoo, which shows and syncs tasks from my google calendar, try that.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so very much. You have no idea how many problems you solved for me with this solution. This program is AWESOME and a must have for anyone who uses their Google Calendar as their primary calendar.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't do it through the Hotmail Calendar either. I will have to look for an app that enhances this Calendar. It will be a pain to not be able to use to do lists. There must be an app that does If I find it, I will post what it is.

That would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh