Switching from 7 to 7 Plus this fall

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have both, initially got the plus for the camera, battery, bigger display but eventually got tired of handling such a brick on a daily basis (#firstworldproblems) but then got the smaller one and I haven't touched the plus since. If one handed use and smaller form factor is your thing then I suggest sticking to the smaller device.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have both, initially got the plus for the camera, battery, bigger display but eventually got tired of handling such a brick on a daily basis (#firstworldproblems) but then got the smaller one and I haven't touched the plus since. If one handed use and smaller form factor is your thing then I suggest sticking to the smaller device.

I did the same thing. Got the 7+ because I wanted the specs. Portrait mode(which I hardly never used) and bigger screen. But after a couple of months I was tired of carrying a brick around. It just became a inconvenience. Now that I have a i7 I truly appreciate the smaller easier more pocket able device.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait for the 8. I always upgrade in the fall. Don't like the plus size but I'll never say never. Will wait to see what the 8 has to offer.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
My upgrade will most likely happen this fall. I will be eligible I think between 8/29 and 9/29. I am thinking of upgrading from the 7 to the 7 Plus at a minimum. Other options are the 8, 7s Plus, and 7s, but I'm thinking more about getting the 7 Plus. Any thoughts?

I would say the 'upgrade' from the iPhone 7 to the Plus model isn't worth it. Sure you might gain the extra camera and a bigger battery, but thats it. :) Maybe try wait till the iPhone 7s launches or the 10th Anniversary iPhone and get that. I have a feeling the wait will be well worth it. Apple seems to be preparing for a BIG upgrade.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I would say the 'upgrade' from the iPhone 7 to the Plus model isn't worth it. Sure you might gain the extra camera and a bigger battery, but thats it. :) Maybe try wait till the iPhone 7s launches or the 10th Anniversary iPhone and get that. I have a feeling the wait will be well worth it. Apple seems to be preparing for a BIG upgrade.

I will wait until the fall to see what my choices are. Either it'll be the 8 or the 7s/7s Plus.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I have decided to upgrade to a phablet iPhone this fall. At a minimum I will upgrade to the 7 Plus 128 GB Black, unless the 7s Plus 128 GB Black or Edition 128 GB are available.

Another scenario is if the 7s has a 1080p True Tone résolution, better cameras and a better processor. 3 GB of RAM on all three iPhones and Lightning to USB-C for fast charging, and True Tone display have been rumored so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta