Switched from android my 2 week review

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I went back and forth about the pixel but the following things killed it for me in comparison with the iPhone 7plus ...storage I have 256gb I download all my music and YouTube videos for offline listening and viewing and I shoot all my videos in 4K now so there is no need to worry about space, on a 32gb device forget about it ,128gb would be cool but I would've had to wait until they were in stock.. build quality.. pixel doesn't compare imo , resale !! The pixel will be lucky to be worth 300$ next year with the outdated hardware they launched with sorry .. when I get ready to sale my 7plus 256 I'm sure I'll be able to get 650-750 for it ...googles assistant is nice but you can download allo and have it so what's the point ...price pixel xl 128gb is 850$ iPhone 7 plus 256gb is 969 , the pixel doesn't offer enough to be priced so close to the top of the line iPhone ...those are the things that made my decision easier

Long time Android fan as well. I'd like for some more insight into your comment above if you don't mind. When you say the Pixel doesn't offer enough to be priced as the iPhone, what do you mean? In your opinion, what does the iPhone offer that the Pixel doesn't to justify pricing for either?

Thanks

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
No android phone in history, including the Pixel line, can even hold a candle to the iPhone 7 Plus. There is no compromise. Try one for a day, you'll agree.

You're most certainly entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree. I enjoy both platforms and they can both hold a candle to one another. LOL. All personal preference my forum mate.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
You're most certainly entitled to your opinion but I totally disagree. I enjoy both platforms and they can both hold a candle to one another. LOL. All personal preference my forum mate.

I was speaking solely on build quality and hand-feel in my comment. I've literally held every single Android Flagship released in the US in the past 5 years. No handset has ever felt better in my hand than the iPhone 7 plus. That's all.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I can pretty much switch os's on a whim. I like what both platforms offer. I don't mind the notifications on Apple because I'm kind of forgetful and its easy to review each notification..

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I was speaking solely on build quality and hand-feel in my comment. I've literally held every single Android Flagship released in the US in the past 5 years. No handset has ever felt better in my hand than the iPhone 7 plus. That's all.

Gotcha. although the physical dimensions of the 7+ and 6s+ are pretty big, I do agree that it feels good in the hand. I'd have put the Note 7 in this category as well.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Gotcha. although the physical dimensions of the 7+ and 6s+ are pretty big, I do agree that it feels good in the hand. I'd have put the Note 7 in this category as well.

Many people neglect this fact, but weight also contributes. No matter how well-built a device is, if it's too light, it Contradicts what we know as to what a quality device is 'supposed' to feel like.

bgapfire

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Many people neglect this fact, but weight also contributes. No matter how well-built a device is, if it's too light, it Contradicts what we know as to what a quality device is 'supposed' to feel like.

True. I can agree with that. I will say I enjoy the ergonomics of the s7 edge AND I enjoy the feel of the 6+ - 7+.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
How did you get acclimated to the notification system? It is one of my biggest gripes with iOS. I get so frustrated when I can easily reach for one of my Android devices and know it is how I like it. I have enjoyed iOS on a certain level but the notifications... AARRGGHH!

I don't really care for the iOS notification tray for sure, but I like the toast notifications and easy responding/dismissing of those notifications when I'm actually using my device. I do miss having visuals at the top of my screen showing what notifications I have pending. I also miss the LED indicator.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I came from S7 Edge to Jet Black 7+. I'm missing iOS and the phone look pretty though same design and bezel is bigger to hold. I just miss how the screen look and no need to tweak much. Just made do with how the os throw to us.

With Android TouchWiz -> Nova Prime and built in theme store does make your screen look colourful but it can be a headache as it cause you to change the theme after sometime which can be consuming. And OCD too. The android app not as much as iOS App Store. Sure some app is open and you can do a lot of thing. Only a minor lack the feature that iOS offer. Example: song recording -> while singing you cannot hear your vocal. And app in Android tend to freeze randomly, need to off stuffs in order to have more battery life.

I bought S7 Edge after trading my jail broken 6 Plus.

The Edge is cool device -> better Low light, food mode camera effect photo, crisp video. 1440p 500+ ppi oled made video enjoyable.

But iPhone 7 Plus launched tempted me to switch back. So I given up a good S7 Edge open Android experience.

Yes the default notification tone and solid push notification.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I came from S7 Edge to Jet Black 7+. I'm missing iOS and the phone look pretty though same design and bezel is bigger to hold. I just miss how the screen look and no need to tweak much. Just made do with how the os throw to us.

With Android TouchWiz -> Nova Prime and built in theme store does make your screen look colourful but it can be a headache as it cause you to change the theme after sometime which can be consuming. And OCD too. The android app not as much as iOS App Store. Sure some app is open and you can do a lot of thing. Only a minor lack the feature that iOS offer. Example: song recording -> while singing you cannot hear your vocal. And app in Android tend to freeze randomly, need to off stuffs in order to have more battery life.

I bought S7 Edge after trading my jail broken 6 Plus.

The Edge is cool device -> better Low light, food mode camera effect photo, crisp video. 1440p 500+ ppi oled made video enjoyable.

But iPhone 7 Plus launched tempted me to switch back. So I given up a good S7 Edge open Android experience.

Yes the default notification tone and solid push notification.

Nice feedback, thank you for sharing.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I use otg drive and open excel from phone storage rather than One Drive. Files are too private for the cloud. Makes switching to iphone problematic for me. Still, I'd like to try it so I may open another line. Would still need Android for work I'm afraid. I won't use cloud nor email to transfer sensitive files.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Can I copy a single Excel file from pc to iphone then open that file, edit it, save it to drive, put it back on pc?

Yes. Some drives work better than others (handling large documents that need to be edited, etc). There was an iPhone otg drive I read about in a recent Apple magazine, and is supposed to be the best.

Friendzone

Banned
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
The biggest struggle I'm having with iOS from Android right now is that I can't simply drop a media file onto my iOS device and have it automatically readable regardless of which, or how many media player apps I happen to have installed. AFAIK iOS is the only OS around even including MacOS that isn't able to do this now. Heck even Blackberry devices could do it. I feel like we're innocent bystanders in the OS wars because my gut tells me the only reason this archaic iTunes method hasn't died a well deserved death yet is sheer stubborn refusal by Apple Inc to just let iDevices be read by a computer file system. C'mon Tim Cook, It's not like Google is suddenly going bankrupt just because you can interact with Windows Explorer on Android devices. Hell, I would even accept iTunes continued existence if it just let me drop an .mkv file onto my iPad one time and have it read without any further action required on multiple media player apps at this point. iOS still has a long way to go when it comes to app interoperability.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I can pretty much switch os's on a whim. I like what both platforms offer. I don't mind the notifications on Apple because I'm kind of forgetful and its easy to review each notification..

What I miss about Android notifications is the notification bar.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What I miss about Android notifications is the notification bar.

That is one HUGE thing that has bothered me since switching from Android to iOS last December. The other thing is how Google Photos (and similar apps) don't update in the background unless you open them. Otherwise, I'm pretty content on iOS.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Well I had on iPhone 6 the same problem that certain apps such as Google photos wouldn't update in the background but as I got the 7 plus those apps just updates without opening them. Not sure what made it so but now it just works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice