Switch to iPhone

Bfalcon1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of moving to an iPhone 7+ from an Android. What should I expect? I was never a fan of Apple so this is a big step.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it all depends on what your looking for. I've had both Android and Apple for years. Every time I buy an Android phone I have it a month maybe 2 then I switch right back to my iPhone. Don't get me wrong Android definitely has its pros and has some things that are better than Apple, like customization, but for me my iPhones never slow down like Android did for me. I never have lag with the iPhone the apps, in my opinion, are written and look much nicer on the iPhone. As far as what to expect like I said before it honestly all depends on what your looking for out of the device.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I just moved from Android to iOS about 2-1/2 weeks ago, from a Galaxy Note 4 to an iPhone SE. I had been on Android on two devices for almost 6 years. Surprisingly the UIs of Android and iOS are similar enough that the learning curve is not very difficult. There's two major differences:
  1. iOS is not as customizable as Android, so if you're a "Geek" and like to get into the nuts and bolts you may be a bit disappointed
  2. iOS is much smoother, faster and more efficient. Its strength is in its relative simplicity. It is a very straightforward environment.
I (for one) am never looking back. :)

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I wish the current OS could be jailbroken. If they were into the whole customizable thing that would take care of that problem lol. I miss the good old days lol.

Bfalcon1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for some quick responses. I am not the Geek type. I just want great email, calendar and apps I use like open table, WSJ etc...I use my phone for business. I guess kind of like the way Blackberry used to be. I am not into games etc.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for some quick responses. I am not the Geek type. I just want great email, calendar and apps I use like open table, WSJ etc...I use my phone for business. I guess kind of like the way Blackberry used to be. I am not into games etc.

I personally like the stock iOS calendar but as far as email I like either spark or email (thats the actual name of the app) they offer some nice extras over the stock email app. And honestly if ur coming from Android a lot of people myself included think the Google apps are better on the iPhone than they are on Androids.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Based on your comment, the iPhone should suit your needs quite well, in my opinion. In regard to wanting "great email", apps like Outlook, Email by Easily.Do, Spark and AirMail should fit the bill if the native Calendar app doesn't.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Be prepared to not have much customization, which can be good or bad, depending how you look at it.

Be prepared to use iTunes to put everything you want onto your phone, which is also good or bad, depending how you look at it. (I hate iTunes, tbh).

Otherwise, the iPhone 7 Plus is the best phone I've used since the Note 7.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Expect:
A larger phone( its taller and wider than most androids with a similar or bigger screen size)

No capacitive buttons (if you have them)

Much smoother fingerprint scanner(if you didn't have pixel/nexus devices)

Nicer icons

Better app integration

No customization

Good customer service

Efficient OS

Good battery

Multitude of cases (if you're into that)

Siri isn't as good as google now
That's about it

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Good customer service

I used to overlook this before, but every time I've been to the Apple Store, I've received excellent customer service. It's nice that there's a physical place to go to if there's an issue with the phone. I used Samsung for several years, and there is no physical stores anywhere near me (I think NYC is the nearest, and I'm in Minnesota). The carrier store is useless if there's a problem because they can't actually do anything.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I still use Maps though because I like to beat the estimated arrival time. Google is far too accurate for estimated times.

I haven't used Maps since it initially rolled out on the iPhone 4S I had years ago. It was a mess then. I much prefer Google.

But I can see why you enjoy using it. :rotfl:

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
. . . . if ur coming from Android a lot of people myself included think the Google apps are better on the iPhone than they are on Androids.
Plus One ↑↑↑ I have my SE full of the same Google apps I used on Android and they work much better on iOS. Keep, Chrome, Calendar, Maps, Search, YouTube, GBoard (this is much better than the iOS native keyboard), etc. Life is full of ironies :)

Soreloser

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My biggest complaints with my iPhone 7 Plus are:

1. Lack of notification LED. I have to wake up the screen to see if there are any notifications.
2. Lack of separate volume controls for Music, Ringer, Alarms etc. Nothing like setting an alarm and having a heart attack because it is blasting loud.
3. When I have my Bluetooth headset connected the ringer on the phone itself doesn't ring, so if I get a call and I don't actually have the ear pieces in my ears I don't know that it is ringing.

It is silky smooth compared to my older Note 4 but about the same in performance as my ZTE Axon 7. I haven't used the camera much to have any comparison. Most of my photos are outdoors in daylight so I don't anticipate any issues.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Expect a lack of lag, awesome speed and responsiveness, outstanding camera, simplicity and an amazing customer experience!

Long story short; expect to be mind blown.

courtjames

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of moving to an iPhone 7+ from an Android. What should I expect? I was never a fan of Apple so this is a big step.

I just switched to an iPhone 7+ about a month ago. I consider myself an Android fanboy, but it was time for a change. It really depends on what you're looking for. I just wanted smoothness and speed. I got that with the iPhone. The only thing that in wish was better is the camera app. Coming from a Galaxy S7 it's much nicer. But I don't really miss Android......yet

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My biggest complaints with my iPhone 7 Plus are:

1. Lack of notification LED. I have to wake up the screen to see if there are any notifications.
2. Lack of separate volume controls for Music, Ringer, Alarms etc. Nothing like setting an alarm and having a heart attack because it is blasting loud.
3. When I have my Bluetooth headset connected the ringer on the phone itself doesn't ring, so if I get a call and I don't actually have the ear pieces in my ears I don't know that it is ringing.

It is silky smooth compared to my older Note 4 but about the same in performance as my ZTE Axon 7. I haven't used the camera much to have any comparison. Most of my photos are outdoors in daylight so I don't anticipate any issues.

An Apple watch will solve all your problems :)

Nelimungous

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

From BlackBerry to Android years ago...many. I was the guy that bashed the iPhone fanboys. Well I've swallowed my pride and switched to iPhone 7 plus. The Android hardware was just crap. I had warrantied out so many phones it was tiring. I decided the lack of customization wasn't a problem anymore. I've had my iPhone for a couple months and I am pleased to say I'm never looking back. Sound familiar? Ha! This phone is amazing. I am still learning all of it's "Steve Jobs" powers.

Battery life is more than I could have imagined. Went to the Lake for the weekend. Charged my phone on the 3rd day. I have trouble getting my battery below 40%.

The Android phone manufacturers have ruined their market. Cheap built to fail crap.

I could not be happier. This is an amazing experience. Solid hardware and better apps. Yes even the Google apps are a better experience on iPhone. IMO

Surprisingly iPhone does offer plenty of customization for me. I don't need or want any custom launcher bull****. They never worked as promised on Android anyway.

My call quality and signal strength is terrific. I get calls and a better signal in places I didn't before. This is a huge deal for me. Android always let me down.

Enjoy your new device and watch as many YouTube how to videos as you can. You'll have a great experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73