Switch battery life?

I

iMore Question

Has anyone heard what battery life will be like on the Switch? Does Nintendo have any of that info posted?

iThunderbirt

VR Expert
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard what battery life will be like on the Switch? Does Nintendo have any of that info posted?

Hello!

I have yet to find anything official from Nintendo on detailed technical specifications about the Switch.

But, in terms of battery life, when the switch is not docked the battery can last 2.5 to 6 hours "depending on the game you are playing".

Source: Nintendo Switch FAQ iMore

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
That 6 hour runtime is probably with the screen brightness turned all the way down and wireless turned off.

I would imagine an iPad Mini gets about the same battery runtime while gaming, no?

Also, if you're gonna lug around the Switch, the controllers, the wall charger, and whatever other accessories you may use, adding a battery bar to the mix shouldn't be a big deal.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
What I saw from YouTubers is that depends a lot of the requirements of the game. We have to remember that is not a tablet focus to work with you a whole day. Is intended to be a system to play games not for that amount of hours away from the charger is more and "casual on the go thing" it appear that the good part is that can be charged with a portable battery which going to help a lot.

Vanessajewell

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like a decent battery life if not a full blown gamer. I think it will help with younger generation wanting play 24/7 but think it's cool cause kinda food back to way us older generations played.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
That 6 hour runtime is probably with the screen brightness turned all the way down and wireless turned off.

This is most likely what they did. Nintendo would never advertise a battery length if it wasn't true under some sort of conditions. That being said, is you are able Play Pokemon Go on your smartphone for 3 hours i would consider that pretty good.

Any more word on battery life with Zelda or good battery packs?

Officially, Nintendo say that Zelda will last around 3 hours on a single charge. Which i think if definitely enough play time without a break haha :)

dpouidp

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like the display battery will run down before the joy-con batteries in portable mode. If the joy-cons are designed like the Wii-motes, they'd keep going for a while if the rechargeable battery inside the joy-cons has the same power output as 2 AA batteries.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
It's still disappointing though, 3 hours. But can't complain since we're talking about high end games, and the run time is comparable to similar mobile game consoles, Vita and 3Ds

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
It sounds like the display battery will run down before the joy-con batteries in portable mode. If the joy-cons are designed like the Wii-motes, they'd keep going for a while if the rechargeable battery inside the joy-cons has the same power output as 2 AA batteries.
Yeah, I have to say though that fortunately the JoyCon batteries definitely seem to last longer than the WiiMotes ever did. (used to annoy the hell out of me how often I'd have to charge my wii remotes). However, with the JoyCons, I've been paying solid since I got it, and they didn't run out even once until last Saturday for the first time ever while Playing Splatoon 2. (now admittedly, part of the reason why is that usually they are continually getting charged via the tablet bit, so it's not a fair comparison). But I still can't complain, as a t least it means I havn't got to worry about them running out anywhere near as much. (the tablet bit still only gets 3 hours max though without having to be docked, but the joycons, no problem)

Lory Gil

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Switch since launch day and have played BotW for hours at a time. Running Zelda constantly, with my Joy-Cons connected to the tablet, it lasts about 2.5 hours, maybe a little more. When the Joy-Cons aren't attached, the battery lasts about 3 hours.

zakbrat2004

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Good battery

The Nintendo switch has a battery that should last for 4-6 hours depending on how much you use it. It contains a Tegra X1 graphics card (a pretty powerful card) and it still lasts a while. If your worried about the battery life, it will live but if your too sensitive just turn down the brightness like on any portable system. Hope this could help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW