Swapping from Android to iOS

Rich Evans1

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for some advice about swapping from Android to iOS. For years and years I have used Android devices and I have always seemed to have the same issues.

- Inconsistent updates
- Lag, lag, lag
- Battery drain

I currently own a HTC 10 which isn't carrier branded or unlocked. It's around 2 months old and I've had to master reset it already as the lag became unbearable, for years and years all of my phones seem to have had this issue. Over the years I've owned a lot of android devices.

-Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 fell apart
-HTC Desire S
-HTC Desire HD
-Samsung Galaxy S2- Hated it
-HTC One X- Had about 12 as I had to keep having them replaced
-Samsung Galaxy S3- Plastic crap
-Samsung Galaxy S4- Caught fire
-Nexus 5 - Not a bad phone but felt very cheap
-Sony Xperia Z2- Fell apart within months
-HTC One M9 - Not too bad, but awful camera
-Nexus 6p- Cheap crap!
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + Lag, lag, lag, lag etc etc
LG G5- Fell apart returned it
HTC 10 - Lags, wi-fi sucks, paint is coming off etc etc

In the last 2 years my girlfriend has had an iPhone 6+ and it's been perfect, It even looks brand new.

She is about to upgrade to an IP7 and has said I can have the 6+ My question is will I like the phone after being an android user for so long, will it keep going on until my upgrade is due, or I can buy a 6s+/7 outright.

Sorry for the long story, but I'm so fed up of feeling annoyed with my phone.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
She is about to upgrade to an IP7 and has said I can have the 6+ My question is will I like the phone after being an android user for so long, will it keep going on until my upgrade is due, or I can buy a 6s+/7 outright.

As for your question, I first have to ask, what is important to you in a phone?

If you care a lot about customization (no, not rooting or things of that nature, just basic customization), you probably will not like the phone as much. If you don't care so much about that, you should be fine even though it will be a slight size adjustment coming from the HTC 10. iOS works great with third party services.

Rich Evans1

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
As for your question, I first have to ask, what is important to you in a phone?

If you care a lot about customization (no, not rooting or things of that nature, just basic customization), you probably will not like the phone as much. If you don't care so much about that, you should be fine even though it will be a slight size adjustment coming from the HTC 10. iOS works great with third party services.

I've never really been massive on customising. I've installed a couple of themes to my HTC, but if they weren't there I don't think I would miss them at all... I've just left the standard theme on since I reset the 10.

Important things to me really are the dac and having an okay camera, I detail cars as a hobby and I like to take pictures, you don't need anything massively ground breaking. Looks are another factor, I like my phones to look pretty and feel well made in the hand.

I've had the edge plus, so a bigger phone doesn't feel big tbh. My 10 still feels rather small.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've never really been massive on customising. I've installed a couple of themes to my HTC, but if they weren't there I don't think I would miss them at all... I've just left the standard theme on since I reset the 10.

Important things to me really are the dac and having an okay camera, I detail cars as a hobby and I like to take pictures, you don't need anything massively ground breaking. Looks are another factor, I like my phones to look pretty and feel well made in the hand.

I've had the edge plus, so a bigger phone doesn't feel big tbh. My 10 still feels rather small.

Hmm okay. In that case, I think you should be just fine then. I believe you are able to set up using your Google account when you get the iPhone, so you wouldn't have to change anything. Regardless, you have to create an Apple ID though for the App Store.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Cheers for the useful comment.

Eh I was editing then got busy so I put the ... so, forgive me sir. The camera is decent on the 6+ and better on the 6s+, both are on par with android.I agree that you wouldn't have many problems coming over from android. iPhones do have the issues you mentioned with android sometimes (you can look at my post in the 6s+ forum ) but  is generally good at taking care of any issues you have. My gripe is that the dac on the ip isn't that good but I use a portable dac/amp with my ip anyway. I would say take her iPhone if you guys have care +/have a phone warranty. If not get a 6s. The extra year on warranty is nice and a good security blanket. Hope this helps~

Rich Evans1

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Eh I was editing then got busy so I put the ... so, forgive me sir. The camera is decent on the 6+ and better on the 6s+, both are on par with android.I agree that you wouldn't have many problems coming over from android. iPhones do have the issues you mentioned with android sometimes (you can look at my post in the 6s+ forum ) but  is generally good at taking care of any issues you have. My gripe is that the dac on the ip isn't that good but I use a portable dac/amp with my ip anyway. I would say take her iPhone if you guys have care +/have a phone warranty. If not get a 6s. The extra year on warranty is nice and a good security blanket. Hope this helps~

In that case in apologise... The IP I'm getting is completey free so it won't cost a penny at all. I'll still have my HTC there if anything happened to the IP and vice versa.

It'll be used With The Bluetooth system in my car... I have no use for a portable DAC. If I do like the iPhone I'll buy a 7 outright as I can't upgrade for 2 years... Cheers Carphone Warehouse, I was on a refresh tarrif with o2.

I've always loved HTC and android devices, but I'm so bored of the same old routine... Phone works flawlessly for about a month then bogs down. HTC claim up-to 2 days battery... Absolute b******s! I'm lucky to see a day now. I'm not a heavy user. I don't play games.

The IP will go 2 days without a charge. Think it's the only one in the world. Shame it's white, but it's free :)

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In that case in apologise... The IP I'm getting is completey free so it won't cost a penny at all. I'll still have my HTC there if anything happened to the IP and vice versa.

It'll be used With The Bluetooth system in my car... I have no use for a portable DAC. If I do like the iPhone I'll buy a 7 outright as I can't upgrade for 2 years... Cheers Carphone Warehouse, I was on a refresh tarrif with o2.

I've always loved HTC and android devices, but I'm so bored of the same old routine... Phone works flawlessly for about a month then bogs down. HTC claim up-to 2 days battery... Absolute b******s! I'm lucky to see a day now. I'm not a heavy user. I don't play games.

The IP will go 2 days without a charge. Think it's the only one in the world. Shame it's white, but it's free :)

Ah, I use my Bluetooth in my Infiniti and Mazda but it glitches - maybe I need to update the software(in my Infiniti ). Anyway,when it does work it sounds great and I have NO gripes on that point. Battery life honestly depends, I've seen people get 4 hrs to 3 days on here. I just recently jb my phone and it's draining fast but that's to be expected. I never had a super bad experience with my android devices but I did get bored of android myself so I understand where you're coming from.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I came over to iphone a few years ago and have never thought of looking back. I have the 6s and love it. Like they say "It just works".

Rich Evans1

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Ah, I use my Bluetooth in my Infiniti and Mazda but it glitches - maybe I need to update the software(in my Infiniti ). Anyway,when it does work it sounds great and I have NO gripes on that point. Battery life honestly depends, I've seen people get 4 hrs to 3 days on here. I just recently jb my phone and it's draining fast but that's to be expected. I never had a super bad experience with my android devices but I did get bored of android myself so I understand where you're coming from.

See the phone I'm getting I know, I know how it's been treated... It's as good as getting a new phone without me spending nearly ?600.00, It's mad how they keep their value! My HTC 10 is already worth less than that and it's a 2016 flagship! I friend of mine has a Jag and uses BT streaming and hasn't had any issues. Guess it's luck of the draw.

I came over to iphone a few years ago and have never thought of looking back. I have the 6s and love it. Like they say "It just works".

I may one day look at Android devices again if HTC can get their act together and Samsung's hold on the Android market drops. But until then, I think I want to step away.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon,

I'm looking for some advice about swapping from Android to iOS. For years and years I have used Android devices and I have always seemed to have the same issues.

- Inconsistent updates
- Lag, lag, lag
- Battery drain

I currently own a HTC 10 which isn't carrier branded or unlocked. It's around 2 months old and I've had to master reset it already as the lag became unbearable, for years and years all of my phones seem to have had this issue. Over the years I've owned a lot of android devices.

-Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 fell apart
-HTC Desire S
-HTC Desire HD
-Samsung Galaxy S2- Hated it
-HTC One X- Had about 12 as I had to keep having them replaced
-Samsung Galaxy S3- Plastic crap
-Samsung Galaxy S4- Caught fire
-Nexus 5 - Not a bad phone but felt very cheap
-Sony Xperia Z2- Fell apart within months
-HTC One M9 - Not too bad, but awful camera
-Nexus 6p- Cheap crap!
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + Lag, lag, lag, lag etc etc
LG G5- Fell apart returned it
HTC 10 - Lags, wi-fi sucks, paint is coming off etc etc

In the last 2 years my girlfriend has had an iPhone 6+ and it's been perfect, It even looks brand new.

Since many of your phones seem to be "falling apart" I think maybe you have a large role in the issues. iPhones aren't known to last against abuse, so it might not make it due to whatever you do with phones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods