Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Ooh! Ouch!

Somebody took the time to give me 1 star, but no time to post? Was that for me, or just for even mentioning the guy? I seriously miss him--everybody else here seems to love the iPhone to no end (at least mostly, and I'm one of them! ;) ), it was nice to hear a "hater's" P.O.V. every now and then. My guess is he either moved on to bigger better things or finally got himself an iPhone? Does anybody else know (or care)?

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Well as someone here who really hates my iphone, as a phone, I will say this.
When you come here to have an conversation about the deficiencies and lack of connectivity reported everywhere on the web except here and a typical response is "no it doesn't" it gets old, we move on to more intellectual conversations.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Ahhh.

I see. Well true, he wasn't the most intelligent debator around. I just miss his viewpoint. Kept things going sometimes, he did! But to be honest, I knew this day would come. You just can't keep bashing/hating in the face of obvious really good stuff! I was, I admit, hoping to smoke him out of hiding, to see if he's actually changed his mind, bit the bullet & bought an iPhone, or if he really still thinks there's something better available today in the handheld market.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
When you come here to have an conversation about the deficiencies and lack of connectivity reported everywhere on the web except here and a typical response is "no it doesn't" it gets old, we move on to more intellectual conversations.

Millions of iPhones have been sold... millions of people are not having issues like you had... and I've said this many times and I'll say it again, I have nothing but perfect service in Chicago. Not to mention every other person I know (6 people) who has a iPhone does not have any issues.

And there is a iPhone Help forum with people who have issues. You are not the only person who has reception issues, but I will say you are a minority. Especially out of the millions sold... And complaining once about a issue - fine... but people with issues posting about them in every thread around gets old real quick.

If you were to go to other Apple sites and bash the phone I promise you would get a lot more people giving harsh reactions. No different if I go into the Treo forums, or PPCgeeks and bash a Windows mobile phone.

The people here are very friendly. A lot more so than "other" forums.

If someone hates the phone so much... sell it and move on. Enough said.

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site

Okay, I re-read your post and though I stand by my not-so-great debator comment for surur, I see that you are a pro-surur person and you were not bashing him but rather the fact that you can't seem to bash the iPhone around these here parts! Glad I read your post twice. I also see you have the G1! Loving it? Or not? & I see the iPhone on your list of gizmos, do you still own it? Or is it really your least favorite of the bunch?

Yeah I'll admit my iPhone isn't perfect, but it does a lot of things well, and it has promise to do a lot of the things we want sometime in the near future that it doesn't do now, & when it finally does have MMS & cut & paste we will probably be blown away by how seamlessly integrated it all is! As it stands we iPhoneites are spoiled with a ton of features that other phones can't quite seem to match yet.

ExBBUser

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Millions of iPhones have been sold... millions of people are not having issues like you had... and I've said this many times and I'll say it again, I have nothing but perfect service in Chicago. Not to mention every other person I know (6 people) who has a iPhone does not have any issues.

And there is a iPhone Help forum with people who have issues. You are not the only person who has reception issues, but I will say you are a minority. Especially out of the millions sold... And complaining once about a issue - fine... but people with issues posting about them in every thread around gets old real quick.

If you were to go to other Apple sites and bash the phone I promise you would get a lot more people giving harsh reactions. No different if I go into the Treo forums, or PPCgeeks and bash a Windows mobile phone.

The people here are very friendly. A lot more so than "other" forums.

If someone hates the phone so much... sell it and move on. Enough said.

you are 100% right. i have nothing but good things to say about the members of this forum. especially compared to other ones out there. trolls come and go but you get that on any forum.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I think my perfect phone is a melding of phones.

from the iphone I gleen the awesome screen, the wonderful browser, and the endless list of fun applications that are free or 99 cents.

from the g1 I take the instant google mail, and the awesomeness of the mail system. I take the voicemail, email, and sms/mms notification light that blinks to let you know that something is waiting for you. I take the killer Google calendar integrations along with catagories. It also has a killer browser which may not have multitouch but is much more responsive, and less likely to react to a flick with a link opening up. Also I take a less nazi app market where apps are not so regulated. I take the tactile keyboard, and yes I can type quite fast on the iphone but I like to have both which is avaible in the g1. mms is I would take from a1 also

From the treo pro I take the keyboard, tethering, killer gps navigation, buy the app once and not pay monthly (not a stupid map that shows me where I am at) video camera is very good.

Yes I have the iphone only because between att and apple, i have had a free ride with monthly credits and options of exchange and return. Apple swears all my whoas are related to a bad phone (but they, not me asking, have replaced it 5 times) Have not had an att bill for a while as they just credited my last two months now.

Honestly, I want to love the iphone, but the iphone has no love for me. Latest phone has the same issues as all the rest, so either I have really bad luck or people are sucking it up cuz of the wow factor. but, again, people want to blame att but as you see, my last three phones (oh i forgot to list the bj2) have been att phones, all without dropped call issues. all that when the showed 5 bars, were able to make calls.

I was an apple fan boy convert... I was mr pc for years and last year bought a mac book pro to video edit on, and love it. Planning on buying a 4K mac pro in the next few months as my video business has grown.

to answer your question, right now the G1 is my phone of choice, with my iphone in the other pocket, when I have to start paying att, I am cutting the plan. if i could get a cheap enough data only plan i would do that, but I don't think that is possible. Next month, who knows.

Last edited:

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I don't know if its worth posting if I was remembered as an unintelligent debater.

I will pop in to say I stopped posting when the blogs split, and for no other reason. Hopefully if you check you will find no posts by me after that date.

Regards

Surur

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Okay! Thanks surur!

Just curious to see where you went! No hard feelin's about the debator comment, but in most posts you just kind of jab, with no real depth, but even those jabs are missing now! Glad to see you're alive and well and apparently digging WinMo. I believe you! I'm not questioning your integrity or saying you left due to ill will, though I admit I was kinda hoping you had to eat some humble pie after falling in love with the iPhone yourself! Have a good one, and just remember that if you can truly find something wrong with the iPhone and can suggest improvements (or--heaven forbid--an actual better phone) your opinion is still worth something to some folks here on the Apple side of things!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burningroad