Suggestions on an iMac

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a 2009 13" MBP that is running super slow and in need of replacement. I have decided against getting another laptop as I mostly use my iPhone and iPad as my portable devices. So I'm thinking of an iMac, just not sure which model. I'll be using it mostly for Internet and emails and that's about it.

My question is - which iMac would you suggest? I'm looking at the 21.5" model but don't want to spend a lot. I'm torn between the $1099 and $1299 model. I realize the $1299 is probably the better value, but has anyone had experience with the cheaper model? I appreciate any feedback.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Figure out the most $$ you want to spend, and get the one with the best specs presently available that fits that budget... And if you want a little more bang for your buck, look at the Apple refurb store...

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
If the old 2009 Macbook had all of the processing horsepower that you need, then you'll probably find the entry level iMac to be a significant upgrade. The processor is about twice as powerful as the what you are used to - USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt are an additional plus. However, for two hundred more dollars, you get more than twice as much processing power - twice as many cores, running faster than the cores of the base model, and better graphics. I have the 21" 2013 iMac with Iris Pro 5200, and it handles everything that I can throw at it, including light gaming.

Buy more capability than you think you'll need and you won't be disappointed.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm torn between the $1099 and $1299 model. I realize the $1299
Either machine will suit your needs but I would consider upgrading the storage from 1TB hard drive which is wicked slow, to a 256SSD. If you need more storage, then consider the 2TB Fusion drive. I'd avoid the 1TB Fusion drive as that only has 24GB of flash storage, where as the 2TB Fusion drive has 128GB of flash storage.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Either machine will suit your needs but I would consider upgrading the storage from 1TB hard drive which is wicked slow, to a 256SSD. If you need more storage, then consider the 2TB Fusion drive. I'd avoid the 1TB Fusion drive as that only has 24GB of flash storage, where as the 2TB Fusion drive has 128GB of flash storage.

Hum... I think by now, the OP have settle down with his need since last year 2015 April.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73