Suggest those who haven't updated to iOS 9 yet!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't really say... I was on the iOS9 gold master less than 24 hours before getting the 9.1 public beta... Have not seen the problems people say they're having...

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't really say... I was on the iOS9 gold master less than 24 hours before getting the 9.1 public beta... Have not seen the problems people say they're having...

That's the thing: 9.1 beta is supposed to improve the performance and get rid of the issues people are having with 9.0
Since you have used 9.0 for less than 24 hours, you probably haven't faced those problems at all. 😀
It's tempting to update but I don't want (if i still can) to go through the hassle of downgrading to 8.4.1
Some users seem frustrating to the point of expecting a fix in a week. I guess I'll wait a week.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Only a tiny % are having any issues. It happens with every OS update, real or imagined. Go ahead! Update! I like it!

Oh well, you are getting a 6s or 6s+ as i can recall so even if the update didn't work for you, it was fine. Not so with everyone here. If our daily driver starts giving problems, we'll be stuck.
I agree with you, there will always be those having problems but with iOS 9, it's thread after thread filled with complaints.
I like you're enjoying the update. 😀

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd suggest to do it. May encounter a few bugs but except two bugs I have that I can deal with. It's smoother than iOS 8

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely an advocate for taking the plunge and updating. Though I've not had an opportunity to do my normal restore post-update, this thing is running super smooth for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh well, you are getting a 6s or 6s+ as i can recall so even if the update didn't work for you, it was fine. Not so with everyone here. If our daily driver starts giving problems, we'll be stuck.
I agree with you, there will always be those having problems but with iOS 9, it's thread after thread filled with complaints.
I like you're enjoying the update.

There's been too many separate threads created about issues. They should all be on the "iOS 9 bugs" thread. I really don't see more complaints about iOS 9 than there were with 7 or 8. Some are new iPhone users who perhaps just haven't yet figured it all out. Many do have legitimate issues they will hopefully resolve soon by instructions or updates. Regardless, it's not enough to use as a reason not to update. As many as it seems, those having problems are a tiny minority of users. Hopefully there will be an update soon to squash the more glaring bugs. Your point is taken and thanks for sharing!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I like you're enjoying the update.

I updated the first day and I'm not experiencing any issues. Had a bit of a hiccup first couple of hours where my Notification Centre and Today screens went missing. My kind friend called Apple for me who then called me back. It got resolved through a couple of resets.

It's working beautifully for me. Very smooth and fast. No issues with apps, all are working.

I'm on an iPhone 6.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Only a tiny % are having any issues. It happens with every OS update, real or imagined. Go ahead! Update! I like it!

I just updated through iTunes. Didn't set up as new. The update even fixed my iBooks and Reminders apps problems I mentioned in another thread.
It's running smooth. No problems at all. It's just that battery seems to be draining a little faster....it's not thaaat bad as others have reported ; just a little faster. May be it'll adjust itself in a day or two.
Overall, quite happy with iOS 9. Thanks for the suggestion! 😀👍
EDIT: I know people here are complaining about the new app switcher but i kinda like it. It's like flipping though old photo albums. :)

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! Would you be kind enough to tell about those two bugs? Thanks

No problem, the bugs I'm experiencing are, few stutters here & there. My mail app isn't displaying the correct number in the badge icon. For example, instead of saying "35,000", it says "3...0". Also my settings open up half way down the page instead of up top. As I've said, I can deal with these things until Apple releases a bug fix

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
No problem, the bugs I'm experiencing are, few stutters here & there. My mail app isn't displaying the correct number in the badge icon. For example, instead of saying "35,000", it says "3...0". Also my settings open up half way down the page instead of up top. As I've said, I can deal with these things until Apple releases a bug fix

Thanks for replying. I also updated to iOS 9 through iTunes. My settings page opens up as it was when I minimised it. My mail app not having those issues...I'm using icloud and yahoo mail with stock mail app. Have gmail app for gmail accounts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just updated through iTunes. Didn't set up as new. The update even fixed my iBooks and Reminders apps problems I mentioned in another thread.
It's running smooth. No problems at all. It's just that battery seems to be draining a little faster....it's not thaaat bad as others have reported ; just a little faster. May be it'll adjust itself in a day or two.
Overall, quite happy with iOS 9. Thanks for the suggestion!
EDIT: I know people here are complaining about the new app switcher but i kinda like it. It's like flipping though old photo albums. :)

You can't judge by what some say here. The complainers are a minority. Most users find iOS 9 to work great.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty reluctant to upgrade my 6. I know only a small number of people are actually having issues. But constantly reading about problems makes me not wanna update and just stay on iOS 8 until the next iPhone comes out. I think part of the problem is that I haven't really read many good reviews from users

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Personally if you can wait I would, my phones and iPads are both very slow compared to iOS 8. And I'm not here just complaining. I've wiped and set up s new, I have a 6 Plus 128 GB so that's not the issue. a lot of apps lately just won't even connect. No internet issues either on WIFI or Cellular. Up to you but in hind sight I would have waited.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty reluctant to upgrade my 6. I know only a small number of people are actually having issues. But constantly reading about problems makes me not wanna update and just stay on iOS 8 until the next iPhone comes out. I think part of the problem is that I haven't really read many good reviews from users

I was in the same boat until about 17 hours ago. I can't say about ota update but through iTunes it's been great.
I'd say go ahead and update....iOS 9 is great. I backup to my computer so can't comment about how's iCloud backup and restore at the moment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR