Stuck Power Button

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Inexplicably, yesterday the power (upper) button on my 4S just quit working - unable to press it and turn the screen off without waiting the one minute before it turns off on its own. Genius Bar let me know it was out of warranty (purchased October 2011) and I wasn't interested in a 5 at this point, pending the potential fall releases.

Any tricks anyone's seen for restoring the button? I'm thinking a bit of rubbing alcohol and a swab, to try to dislodge what might be stuck under it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Untill you can get it fixed, the tips in the following link can be used as a temp workaround for the power button issue:

How to Turn Off an iPhone Without the Power Button | Help For Beginners

Also here are a few things that you can try first without getting it fixed professionally:

Try a few different manual repair techniques. If you don?t have time to take it into your local Apple retail store or even send it off for repairs, then you need a quick, temporary fix. There?s a few different manual repair techniques to free the iPhone?s power button from its stuck position you can try.

You can use canned air to blow into the space around the power button to try to loosen any obstruction keeping the power button stuck. You can also try to loosen the blockage with fine bristles, such as those from a toothbrush. If it?s still stuck, you can try the following step.

1. Press the ?Home? button on your iPhone and slide the ?Unlock? bar all the way to the right to unlock your iPhone.

2. Press down the top, right-hand corner of the iPhone?s faceplate down with some pressure. Don?t add too much pressure, as this may cause the screen to crack, but enough pressure to where you can feel the faceplate bend a little. Pressing this part of the phone will move the button a bit so that it is able to make contact with the keys inside when you press it.

3. Press the ?Power? button and the iPhone should lock back up. If this doesn?t work, do not apply more pressure; simply take the iPhone to be fixed as soon as you can.

LINK: What to Do When Your iPhone Power Button Stuck | MuchBuy.com's Blog

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Would up taking it to a kiosk at my local mall, and they replaced it in 45 minutes for $55. 48 hours later, works great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner