stuck on boot logo

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I was having good luck with the Evasion jailbreak, from what I understand there is absolutely no way to fix this without restoring to 6.1.3 and losing the jailbreak forever.

What BS, this phone is useless without the jailbreak, probably gonna get a HTC One now, sick of Apple trying to control my device that I own, and sick of these un-repairable iPhone issue's, so much for "it just works"...:mad:

And yes I have had the same problem on a stock iPhone that was never jailbroken before, maybe instead of finding ways to stop people from jailbreaking Apple should focus on modernizing their ancient OS, and fixing the major problems that still plague it..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I feel for you man. You couldn't get into safe mode and uninstall whatever you added recently?

Nope, tried everything, hadn't even installed anything new in over a week, started when I did a reboot last night, while it was rebooting I accidentally pushed the home button, not sure if that could have caused it..

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the Volume up to disable Mobile substrate ? Also did you have winterboard installed? As this is the bugger that gets me the reboot loop sometimes (happens after I change a theme)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried the Volume up to disable Mobile substrate ? Also did you have winterboard installed? As this is the bugger that gets me the reboot loop sometimes (happens after I change a theme)

Yes, the volume up trick didn't work, tried it so many times I lost count. Never changed anything the last few days either, had to restore as I needed my phone, now it's a useless brick, forgot what a dumbphone the iPhone really is, unless someone releases a jailbreak for 6.1.3 soon or finds a way to downgrade, I'm getting a HTC one. Apple is losing their way..

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to share a conversation I had with one of Apple's engineers with you.

I've often wondered why Apple doesn't support a jailbreak with the caveat that taking the jailbreak voids your right to customer service. To me, I see it as a win/win. The customer gets the jailbreak. Apple gets a controlled jailbreak((ie, while allowing all of the typical tweaks, they could reduce piracy, etc)). I see this as a way to bring more tech inclined users towards Apple products.

His reply was the only solid argument I've ever heard against the jailbreak. He pointed out that many users jailbreak without understanding it, even now. If the jailbreak became easier, more users would likely jailbreak without thinking of consequences. Upon doing so, they'd depart from the "Apple Experience" they wish to provide customers. Then, any problems they'd experience would be equated with Apple products and the customer's frustrations would become bad word of mouth to potential customers.

Read through this thread. You should be able to connect with why Apple continues to oppose an easily accessible jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods