Stuck in bootloop

Tein98supra

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
So my sister said I can have her old Iphone 6s if i can get it fixed. I just plan on using it as a music player /texting app phone.

The last few days I've tried has been nothing but headaches... Everything is up to date Itunes wise, and downloaded the latest ispw for the phone... but it keeps failing with the unknown error message (9).
So then I've tried using Imyfone fixppo, Tenorshare Reiboot thinking they were free.. but no avail.. then I tried 3utools to try flashing an older firmware on there as well but it still keeps failing

I also tried even going back to using redsn0w because I've used it before to get other phones out of said boot loops. But I know redsn0w is super oudated now.

Any suggestions would help

Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest booting into DFU mode then connecting to your computer and choosing restore from there. It will grab a correct firmware for your phone.

Tein98supra

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Check out the official resolution for error code 9 via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444

I've tried both of those methods as well, first on my laptop and then my desktop. Still not wanting to work.

Side note... wouldn't I know if the cord was bad if it didn't hold a constant connection while it was in restore mode via itunes? I mean I did not see any or hear any disconnect sounds while it was sitting idle in itunes? it made the connect and disconnect sounds while it was trying to update..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried both of those methods as well, first on my laptop and then my desktop. Still not wanting to work.

Side note... wouldn't I know if the cord was bad if it didn't hold a constant connection while it was in restore mode via itunes? I mean I did not see any or hear any disconnect sounds while it was sitting idle in itunes? it made the connect and disconnect sounds while it was trying to update..

Was the device ever jailbroken? If so and if someone opted to use the “erase all contents and settings” option then it may take several attempts in DFU or recovery mode to get the install to take and minus any issues with the drive, it should eventually take.

Tein98supra

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Update, grabbed a new cable from the store. Plugged it into a different port on the PC and still no luck. Still failing with the same error code (9).

edit: When I'm on my PC while it's in itunes it's at least detecting the Serial #.... but when it goes to restore it it still fails. I'll watch the phone and the little upload bar will appear briefly and then go away, and that's when I get the error code (9)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner