Stuck between a rock and a hard place

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone im wanting to be a new iPhone user but having no money at this time deters that possibility for a least a couple weeks. Anyway what im torn about is the iphone 4, so i see that its i now 99 dollars on a two year agreement, and the 4s another 100 bucks more on 2year agreement. So what my question is besides the only getting an extra core and an additional lens for camera quality on the 4s, would getting the iPhone 4 be a bad investment right now. I have an upgrade right now and by the time the new iPhone comes out next year i will have another im just wanting to know if buying the 4 would be a bad buy since the iPhone 4s is already sold out and who knows when they will have the 16g model is stock again, and after looking at the enhanced features like siri ( i know i wont be using ) being on sprint for 3 years i want an iphone. Thanks in advance

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The extra $100 invest,net is nothing compared to what you will pau over the term of your contract. Forget the 4 and go with the 4S.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If you can afford the newest one then you should get it. Buying the old model to save a "C" note is not the way to go and waiting for what comes out next is foolish at best

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not to mention the fact that the $99 iPhone 4 only has 8GB of memory, while the $199 iPhone 4S has 16GB.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Another option since you are limited on funds. You can get the Iphone 3GS on contract for free. It is a good phone and will be getting Apples newest software, same software as the Iphone4 and Iphone4S. It isn't in HD but the graphics, etc are still really good. Camera is the only thing kinda not so great but still decent. One thing you could do. Is come up with a way to get a Iphone4S for $199 and sell it for a high price like some people end up doing. I saw on ebay they are going for $1,500-$2,000 and buy a Iphone4 for $350 used off craigslist or something since you will still be on contract.

Iphone3GS - Free with contract
Iphone4 8GB $99 - with contract
Iphone4S 16GB $199 - with contract

All stores will be overstocked on iphone4S on the first day at least. store reps are saying there will be enough phones for customers wanting one on release day.

Hope this helps.

One thing you want to consider because funds are limited. Is what you have to pay lets say with at&t. Iphone messaging, Iphone Data and your minutes package. Could be around $100 or so a month.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone @mustang I'm on sprint but what you said was very insightful. I've dewcided on the 4gs main reason is because of long term. See by this time next year I will have an upgrade available to next iphone and this one will go to my fianc?e so. And since I take very good care of my phones it will be like giving her a new phone. And the only thing stopping me from getting it launch day is money, now around the 21st that won't be a problem, I'm just hoping sprint still has them in stock

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Good choice. The 4 is great but I wouldn't typically advise someone to sign up for a new contract for a phone that's already been out for 15 months as long as you can afford the extra bill.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Another option since you are limited on funds. You can get the Iphone 3GS on contract for free. It is a good phone and will be getting Apples newest software, same software as the Iphone4 and Iphone4S. It isn't in HD but the graphics, etc are still really good. Camera is the only thing kinda not so great but still decent. One thing you could do. Is come up with a way to get a Iphone4S for $199 and sell it for a high price like some people end up doing. I saw on ebay they are going for $1,500-$2,000 and buy a Iphone4 for $350 used off craigslist or something since you will still be on contract.

Iphone3GS - Free with contract
Iphone4 8GB $99 - with contract
Iphone4S 16GB $199 - with contract

All stores will be overstocked on iphone4S on the first day at least. store reps are saying there will be enough phones for customers wanting one on release day.

Hope this helps.

One thing you want to consider because funds are limited. Is what you have to pay lets say with at&t. Iphone messaging, Iphone Data and your minutes package. Could be around $100 or so a month.

There will be no 3GS for Sprint or VZW. There was no CDMA version of that phone. The OP's cheapest option is the iPhone 4 (8 gb) for $99.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For $100 more you get the 4S with double memory that is 16GB that itself should be worth it plus you get the new iPhone model and better hardware

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For $100 more you get the 4S with double memory that is 16GB that itself should be worth it plus you get the new iPhone model and better hardware

Just to clarify, you don't actually get twice as much "memory", you get twice as much storage space. Memory=RAM, and to my knowledge the iPhone 4 and 4S both have 512MB of RAM.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen