Strong signal

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
It mayby the placebo effect or what i dunno. But has anyone noticed the signal on theirs? Around my house the signal would periodically drop down to a bar or so (on previous iP4). but Today i haven't noticed it drop below 4 bars. I remember reading somewhere about the 2 antennas on the 4S? So presume this fixes the death grip issues and gives it a better signal pull?

Thoughts?

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
It mayby the placebo effect or what i dunno. But has anyone noticed the signal on theirs? Around my house the signal would periodically drop down to a bar or so (on previous iP4). but Today i haven't noticed it drop below 4 bars. I remember reading somewhere about the 2 antennas on the 4S? So presume this fixes the death grip issues and gives it a better signal pull?

Thoughts?

It seems my 4S "reads" a stronger signal, but I don't know how accurate just using the bars is. I know they can vary from different phones (some only have a max of 4 while others have 6). I think the really way to tell is get the dB reading of the signal.

I do agree that my signal seems better, which I'm happy about.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems my 4S "reads" a stronger signal, but I don't know how accurate just using the bars is. I know they can vary from different phones (some only have a max of 4 while others have 6). I think the really way to tell is get the dB reading of the signal.

I do agree that my signal seems better, which I'm happy about.

I agree with you. I remember reading once that bars were only good for alcoholics anyway, lol. :D My iPhone 4 was set up so that I could only see the dB and not the bars since that gave me an honest account of what my signal was really like. I didn't set this up on my 4S yet but I do plan to if it still works.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. I remember reading once that bars were only good for alcoholics anyway, lol. :D My iPhone 4 was set up so that I could only see the dB and not the bars since that gave me an honest account of what my signal was really like. I didn't set this up on my 4S yet but I do plan to if it still works.

Mmmm... now I'm thirsty.

And yes, my reception is very strong on the 4S.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
how do you do that?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
dial *3001#12345#* and it will go into field test mode. Hold down the lock button on top of the phone and wait until it says slide to unlock. Once you see that, let go and hold down the home button until it quits the app.

Once that happens, you can tap the signal bar and it will toggle between radio strength and signal bars. Keep in mind that if you don't like it, you MUST restore the phone to get it back to the way it was.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
dial *3001#12345#* and it will go into field test mode. Hold down the lock button on top of the phone and wait until it says slide to unlock. Once you see that, let go and hold down the home button until it quits the app.

Once that happens, you can tap the signal bar and it will toggle between radio strength and signal bars. Keep in mind that if you don't like it, you MUST restore the phone to get it back to the way it was.

This doesn't work for the CDMA iPhone. There was a method that was posted a while ago for Verizon, and now Sprints iPhone, however, I can't remember what it was or where I saw it. Also, restoring it will only remove it if you set up the iPhone as new. I've always restored from an old back up and the dB remained there.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It works:

photo.png

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It works:

photo.png

Thanks for posting this screenshot, good to know that this now works with all 4S's. Something that I just found out is that you can remove the dB and go back to the bars only without restoring if you go back into the test field mode and exit by hitting the home key. Even though you had it set to display dB only before doing this will remove it and display the bars only. I had to go back in and set it up again.

60e331a7-97c8-1d13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
*IF* and *WHEN* my phone decides to stop searching for one, it's strong, when it isn't on the 310-410 network! lol Three in a row doing it, 6 SIM cards later. My husband's 4 doesn't do it, even when I pop my SIM in his phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods