Strange notification

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I always keep my phone on vibrate, and I have noticed lately that whenever I receive a text message I get a single buzz followed by a double buzz about one second later. I used to just do a double buzz, is this something that Everyone is experiencing?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I always keep my phone on vibrate, and I have noticed lately that whenever I receive a text message I get a single buzz followed by a double buzz about one second later. I used to just do a double buzz, is this something that Everyone is experiencing?

I don't think I've experienced that. Let me ask....have you upgraded your OS lately and maybe it's gone to a different vibration pattern than you're used to?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Check you notifications. You can set several instead of just one.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have the latest version is ios8. I checked the notifications and everything seems to be set correctly.

As a test, change your vibration pattern to see if you experience the same thing.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It could be a custom vibration that got set during the iOS 8 update. Updates can do weird things in settings. I had to reset several things.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
If you have already tried a reset, do a DFU restore using a computer. Make sure you set the phone up as new when switched on. Test the issue. If the issue has disappeared, put your back up on (if you have one). If it returns, you would have to either put up with it, or start fresh. Be very strange for it to be hardware. But do DFU first. If still happens after DFU and set up as new, take to a store.

anon(4782771)

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm having this issue as well. My emails have only one buzz but they are alerting me as if it was a text message (two quick buzzes). Did it go away after you did a reset?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen