Stores getting stock of 7 plus

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
A sprint manager in escalations told me the phone I pre ordered was on backorder. When I asked if it would ship by the 9/30 date they gave me on 9/9? I was told they weren't sure. An that they would need to check & get back with me. I literally hung up my phone. Then made a reservation to pick the phone I wanted up a few hours later. I am now a very happy owner of a mb 7+ 128gb.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
My preorder isn't suppose to arrive until mid October.,... So I've been checking this site. Today, I found my matte black 128, and submitted. Waiting for code from the text I sent.... 15 minutes later, nothing.
Ugh

Posted via the iMore App for Android

koko359

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I found out a way. I went to try to reserve another one to see if it would let me and it said I couldn't because I already had another reservation.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Was able to use the link to get my mat black 7 plus 128 this morning in Cincinnati. Sent up the reservation last night at about 1 am at the store at 10 am. I set this one up on the upgrade program but they also offered att next or full retail as well

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For those that have done reservations, has anyone been questioned when using, in my case, Verizon payment plan Instead of apples?

When I picked mine up, they didn't question much. But I paid full price. Not sure if they can set you up in the Verizon payment plan there. If they can, then I bet they will.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Philly. 11 Apple Stores between 10 mins and an 60 mins from me.

PA
Philly Walnut
Ardmore
KOP
Willow Grove
Lancaster
Lehigh Valley

NJ
Cherry Hill
Sagemore
Marlton
Lawrence Twnshp

DE
Christiana Mall (Tax Free)

Getting to the point where you can walk in no reservation anytime for 7 Plus now for every color but Jet Black and Matte Black in some stores. Reservations have become a convenience here versus a requirement. I wish it was like that for more people at this point. Seeing people waiting for inventory to appear online while other stores have inventory sitting around is dumb. They should shift to other stores. They can monitor clicks. They know how many times a click is made on a device they are out of so couldn't they just get stock from a neighboring state overnighted whose foot traffic has slow down a lil?

Michial Brown

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Canceled my matte black TMobile which was through their JUMP deal which is a month out. Paid off the remainder with my credit card knowing I'd sell my 6s on Craigslist to pay that off. Reserved a silver Plus and picked it up starting out on their Apple Upgrade Program. Canceled my JUMP $12 monthly payment and sold my 6s on Craigslist for 150 more than Apple and TMobile offered me. Will use that money for Airpods. Glad I opted for the silver Plus over the matte. Since I'll use a case I like how the white bezel looks better with most colors and how it hides fingerprints nicely. I'm tired of black slabs. No personality imo. I enjoy the white. So I got an ocean blue and product red Apple silicon case along with a saddle brown Apple leather for it. The white airpods will match perfectly.

koko359

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I finally got to pick mine up. I had a lot of hurdles to jump through. First I had to return the loaner phone I had with verizon for the note 7 I returned. Thought that was going to be a problem because I didn't have a phone to put on the line for a few hours until I got to the Apple Store but it wasn't. Got to the Apple store and thought everything was going smoothly until he said it was showing my line was not eligible for a upgrade. Verizon didn't reset my upgrade date after I returned the note 7. Call Verizon, am on hold for 30 minutes. Call gets disconnected. I am furious at this point. I go back inside to make sure they are holding it and while I was in there I hear someone saying they want the phone I had reserved because by now I am past my appointment time, even though I had been there 45 minutes. Luckily the lady said it was mine until I tell her I can't get it. So I call Verizon back, waiting 20 minutes until I get another call from Verizon. It is the lady I spoke to the first time telling me she had her manager override the upgrade date. Victory!!!! But wait after I got though the Verizon upgrade program they want to talk to me to confirm. We are all on a family plan with it actually in my mom's name but I am authorized. The Verizon lady said she needed to send me a text, which will not work because I don't have a phone. I said call my wife's, she is standing right here. She can't because it was just upgraded to the 7. So she has to call my mom for some verification. It all worked out but a 15 minute ordeal took 2 hours. I still have a headache. Loving this new 128gb matte black 7 plus. Best color ever imo.

applefan4515

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I finally got to pick mine up. I had a lot of hurdles to jump through. First I had to return the loaner phone I had with verizon for the note 7 I returned. Thought that was going to be a problem because I didn't have a phone to put on the line for a few hours until I got to the Apple Store but it wasn't. Got to the Apple store and thought everything was going smoothly until he said it was showing my line was not eligible for a upgrade. Verizon didn't reset my upgrade date after I returned the note 7. Call Verizon, am on hold for 30 minutes. Call gets disconnected. I am furious at this point. I go back inside to make sure they are holding it and while I was in there I hear someone saying they want the phone I had reserved because by now I am past my appointment time, even though I had been there 45 minutes. Luckily the lady said it was mine until I tell her I can't get it. So I call Verizon back, waiting 20 minutes until I get another call from Verizon. It is the lady I spoke to the first time telling me she had her manager override the upgrade date. Victory!!!! But wait after I got though the Verizon upgrade program they want to talk to me to confirm. We are all on a family plan with it actually in my mom's name but I am authorized. The Verizon lady said she needed to send me a text, which will not work because I don't have a phone. I said call my wife's, she is standing right here. She can't because it was just upgraded to the 7. So she has to call my mom for some verification. It all worked out but a 15 minute ordeal took 2 hours. I still have a headache. Loving this new 128gb matte black 7 plus. Best color ever imo.

A friend of mine had an ordeal with Verizon last night as well. We went to get him an iPhone 7. Made the reservation and got to the store, and was told he still owes on his Verizon upgrade program (I don't know the name of it). No big deal he jumps on the Verizon app on his phone to pay it off. Except it shows no balance there. So we call Verizon from my phone. 20 minutes go by and no answer. So he calls the Verizon authorized retailer that's downstairs in the mall we were at and asks them if he can pay it off there. They say he can so I end the call with Verizon, we have apple hold the phone and head down there. They tell us they can't do it because it's showing no balance. And he needs to proceed with activating the phone through Apple to pay it off, and to pay Apple the remaining balance on the edge program. Umm. I never heard of Apple taking payment for another carriers edge program. So we walk out and both call Verizon. Now clearly they don't answer the phones in the order the call was received, as he was on hold for 32 minutes and I was on hold for 27 minutes and someone answered my call first. He was able to pay and all went well. He got his phone. Should note for all that are saying their having a hard time with the iUP reservation link and them letting them pay with different methods, the Apple Store in twelve oaks in novi Michigan didn't even question him about it and let him do the carrier financing.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Philly. 11 Apple Stores between 10 mins and an 60 mins from me.

PA
Philly Walnut
Ardmore
KOP
Willow Grove
Lancaster
Lehigh Valley

NJ
Cherry Hill
Sagemore
Marlton
Lawrence Twnshp

DE
Christiana Mall (Tax Free)

Getting to the point where you can walk in no reservation anytime for 7 Plus now for every color but Jet Black and Matte Black in some stores. Reservations have become a convenience here versus a requirement. I wish it was like that for more people at this point. Seeing people waiting for inventory to appear online while other stores have inventory sitting around is dumb. They should shift to other stores. They can monitor clicks. They know how many times a click is made on a device they are out of so couldn't they just get stock from a neighboring state overnighted whose foot traffic has slow down a lil?

Store I was in last week (big store, very big city) had one line for 'anything iPhone7". In this line were people w/ reservations along with walk-ins. No line mgmt for 1) having a reservation or 2) what time that reservation was. Strictly first come first served. Only remaining upside of advance reservation was to know trip to Apple Store would not be futile: they have phone, though there may be zero priority to help you get it quickly once you arrive.

Apple tech went down the line putting in reservations for those who didn't have one. Line was strictly order of arrival. Options were limited (mostly gold and rose gold) but kid in front of me was able to grab 128GB matte black.

Had my own 256GB matte black reserved

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Store I was in last week (big store, very big city) had one line for 'anything iPhone7". In this line were people w/ reservations along with walk-ins. No line mgmt for 1) having a reservation or 2) what time that reservation was. Strictly first come first served. Only remaining upside of advance reservation was to know trip to Apple Store would not be futile: they have phone, though there may be zero priority to help you get it quickly once you arrive.

Apple tech went down the line putting in reservations for those who didn't have one. Line was strictly order of arrival. Options were limited (mostly gold and rose gold) but kid in front of me was able to grab 128GB matte black.

The one i went to on launch day was similar. They had two separate lines, but the reservation line was first come first serve. The dude in front of me had a 6p and mine was 1030a. Umm ok. Lame. No telling how many of the 30 folks in front of me had later appts than me. What's the point of the appt then?

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I preordered my phone with the store manager last week. We talked cars during the order. Fast forward to yesterday, he calls me and goes we got one iPhone 7 plus in black 128GBs. As i result i was at the store in 20 mins. He had already cancelled my phone order.....long story short i got my phone yesterday, almost a month early.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Still no luck getting the matte black 128 in dfw....I tried at 12:02 last night with no luck. My preorder is still in ordering with Oct 6-12 window. Silver 128 is around, and so is 32 matte black to an extent.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

My experience had been different. Everywhere is different. Reservations have been consistently taken on time after the first few days and walk ins have been taken as someone becomes available. No walk ins have delayed a reservation. Too many variables to know why for sure. I pre-ordered a 7 for in store pick up launch day. Walked in 4pm for my pick up window and was out in 15 mins.

Couple days ago reserved a 7 Plus decided to use both and return the one I don't want. Reservation time was 12pm. Got there and was taken at 11:45am while people without reservations sat outside. I was done by 12:05pm and the guy then took the 12:30pm reservation early so in my case it definitely seemed the reservations were separate from the walk ins and Apple reps were not setting up reservations for the people standing in line without reservations. Some people got smart and started making reservations while waiting and left and came back.

This year has definitely been strange. Lastly, when I was there I checked the site and it said they were out of all 7 Plus models for all carriers but I was told they had more than a few, just not Jet Black. I thought it was strange to hear that.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The one i went to on launch day was similar. They had two separate lines, but the reservation line was first come first serve. The dude in front of me had a 6p and mine was 1030a. Umm ok. Lame. No telling how many of the 30 folks in front of me had later appts than me. What's the point of the appt then?

The other store I was in, same city, was sorting reservation line by time slot...

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Canceled my matte black TMobile which was through their JUMP deal which is a month out. Paid off the remainder with my credit card knowing I'd sell my 6s on Craigslist to pay that off. Reserved a silver Plus and picked it up starting out on their Apple Upgrade Program. Canceled my JUMP $12 monthly payment and sold my 6s on Craigslist for 150 more than Apple and TMobile offered me. Will use that money for Airpods. Glad I opted for the silver Plus over the matte. Since I'll use a case I like how the white bezel looks better with most colors and how it hides fingerprints nicely. I'm tired of black slabs. No personality imo. I enjoy the white. So I got an ocean blue and product red Apple silicon case along with a saddle brown Apple leather for it. The white airpods will match perfectly.

I've been thinking about doing this very thing. Since going iPhone I haven't had a reason to do JUMP at all. Very tempting indeed.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please explain HOW they can have walk in/reservation stock but STILL not shipping out pre-orders? Are pre-orders just a waste of time?