• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Still a physical silence switch? Sigh.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly this is one of the reasons why I stay on the iPhone. It’s so great even one + copied it with a few extra features.

I actually remember when the Palm Treo introduced the physical mute switch. Loved it from the beginning. I’m glad Apple embraced it from the iphone’s beginning as well.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I love the physical silent switch. Had a OnePlus 3T for some time and like their implementation even better.

Ring volume- Vibrate Only - DND. I want that vibrate only mode on the iPhone

Last edited:

anon(10409160)

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
Love the switch. As minor as it is, it’s a key differentiator for me. I gave the Pixel a shot when it first came out and of all the things that annoyed me about AndroidOS and as great as the Pixel was in other ways, I’m legitimately lazy enough that needing to go to extra settings or hold down the volume key for a few seconds was entirely too much work. It’s like an old PKB and just holding the # to switch to vibrate.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The switch is one of my most favorite things about the iPhone. It’s something I missed terribly when I was on Android for two years.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd be perfectly okay with software control rather than a physical switch since I leave my phone in silent mode 99% of the time. I rely on my Apple watch for audible notifications.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I also love the physical switch and hope that it never goes away.

I hope that you enjoy your X as much as I enjoy mine!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman