• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Sticky lock button

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed tonight my lock button on my iPhone 5 sticks. Seems to work only half the time. It's been in a commuter since day one and never dropped.

Any ideas to solve this?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed tonight my lock button on my iPhone 5 sticks. Seems to work only half the time. It's been in a commuter since day one and never dropped.

Any ideas to solve this?
I would not try and do anything with it except that if you near an Apple store I would take it to them since you are under warranty and let them look at it for a fix or possible replacement. Have a good day.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The lock button on the five seems to be a pain the butt for some.

My brother in laws was doing this about a month ago. I figured it was just being hard on the phone.

Now mine is doing it too, luckily a trip to the apple store and they will give you another one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They'll give you a warranty exchange at the Apple Store. I had the same problem
with a 4S that got increasingly worse and I literally had to press my finger down as
hard as I could for the button to perform its function. They exchanged it without any
problems.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue with mine. I was in and out of Apple within 10 minutes with a new replacement. Make an appointment though. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman