Step Counting in Health App

chicagopjp

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I see plenty of reports from people with a 5s that the Health app in Beta 3 is now counting steps. Is anyone not getting that with a 5s?

I'm not, but other apps like Withings are still happily counting. I've rebooted several times, but no joy in Health.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have see many posting about it also.. When I was on iOS 8 Beta 3 I didn't get a chance to try it, before I downgraded.

chicagopjp

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
^this. You need to add it to dashboard to start seeing results. And my results were WAY off anyway so you arent missing much. I suppose it will get fine tuned as we get closer.

Thanks to you both. I had "Activity" in my Dashboard, but not "Steps." Now that it's there, I do see the data.

Since the step count is coming from the M7, it's no surprise that what Health shows matches what the Withings app shows, which also pulls from the M7.

I haven't compared those figures to the count from a separate pedometer or to my own count from just walking around, so I have no idea if the M7 is accurate. But, I do assume it's consistent. If that's right, then at least the data is helpful in a relative sense.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My health app was working but now it's not. I have 3 apps set up to write to my health app- human, withings, and UP for my jawbone band and nothing is showing up now. Does anyone have an idea about this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
My store today are around 8500 with my jawbone up and the Health app has meet at 6500 something. Don't know which one is off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk