Stainless Steel Space Black Workout Question

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone! I just got my new SB with Milanese Loop yesterday. Beautiful watch! My question for all of you is in regards to working out.

I am an avid runner and weight lifter. I plan to swap out the Milanese loop with the sport band but I am worried about the case/screen scratching (esp working out). I know stainless steel scratches easily but has anyone tried or done anything for that issue? I thought about buying a Spigen Rugged Armor case on Amazon but I read somewhere that even that will scratch the body.

Thanks everyone for the help!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My guess is that you may get conflicting answers. I've had my space black stainless steel since June 2015. I wear it when I run every day and when I lift weights twice a week. The watch has absolutely ZERO scratches. Since most of my day is spent in an office or a classroom, I guess the watch has a pretty protected daily environment, but still it has gotten plenty of use for outdoor adventure. I really can't imagine what it would take to scratch it.

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info and that is good to hear! Hopefully we can hear from more people. It seems hard to find people that have that watch and are active as we are. Thanks again.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I can only speak as someone who has always worn a watch so will speak in general terms (I've only had an Apple Watch for a month). Over the years I've found that it's the clasp on the underside of the wrist that takes the most abuse from bashing against a desk when working at a keyboard 5 days a week. If you have any sort of shiny metal clasp that's one to watch out for.
I've worn a watch in the gym, diving, mountain biking and it's the stupid things like bumping your watch against door frames that scuff them up rather than the things that you think would be bad. I reckon you should just get on and use your watch rather than trying to protect it with cases. In all probability you'll replace it in 2 or 3 years anyway, it's unlikely to become a precious family heirloom like a Rolex might do.

PAgymteacher

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
You bring up a great point in regards to a few years being outdated. I guess I was setting unrealistic expectations. And that is so true about the times it does get scraped are when you least expect it. Thanks for your feedback!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods