Sprint or T-Mobile..?

chig

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Currently with T-Mobile, but considering switching to Sprint when the iPhone X goes up for pre-order...
I was wondering, from people with experience with both carriers, would the level of service drop much or be the same between Sprint and T-Mobile? Sprint seems to have the better prices lately, of the two, and their Sprint Flex Lease seems to be the best lease program on any network. So, is it worth switching to Sprint to save on monthly payments, cause their coverage maps aren't that very different...
Any advice?

chig

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen those articles, but that'll take some time before everything is ironed out and officially merged. And we've seen this before with T-Mobile and Sprint wanting to merge, and than with AT&T / tmobile...
But as of right now, what would be a better choice to go with, Sprint or T-Mobile?

Also, have any iPhone X pre-order deals been posted anywhere??

chig

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen those articles, but that'll take some time before everything is ironed out and officially merged. And we've seen this before with T-Mobile and Sprint wanting to merge, and than with AT&T / tmobile...
But as of right now, what would be a better choice to go with, Sprint or T-Mobile?

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Really just depends on your location. As far as finding any deals on preorders I’m doubtful of that.. You’ll be lucky to get one preordered.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t go back to Sprint if it were free. The quality of the actual service (in SE Michigan) and their customer support are both terrible. But, as @Spencerdl pointed out, they’ll likely be the same company at some point.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I tried Project Fi a while back when I was on Android. I believe that uses both Sprint and T-Mobile. That only lasted a couple days because coverage in my area was unacceptable. I went back to Cricket and have been a happy camper since.
As others have said, it’s hard to give advice on carriers because coverage varies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Questions like that are always difficult to answer and depends on one’s location. I’ve used all of the major U.S. carriers at some point, but I didn’t have a problem with any of them. Verizon definitely has the best coverage, in my opinion. Now in regard to T-mobile vs Sprint, here in Orlando, either would be sufficient, but when I was in the Triad area of NC, T-mobile would probably be my preference.

chig

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm in Dallas, TX... About 3 years back, I did have Sprint, but switched to tmobile at the time cause they had the better pricing on rates and uncarrier stuff was just getting started... Things have changed now, and Sprint is the more aggressive one with plan rates and better deals on phones...
Worst part is, no matter which carrier, the iPhone X is gonna be near impossible to get at launch time!

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I’m in Northern California, Sprint service is pretty terrible, I switched to t-mobile for about 3 years before I recently made the switch to Verizon. Verizon has the best LTE service in all of California. T-Mobile is pretty good in cities but indoor coverage sux.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sprint service is pretty spotty in my experience in the midwest. It all depends on where you live. I'd recommend having conversations with people around you. Ask what their service provider is. Talk to people who have Sprint and T Mobile in your area. If coverage isn't an issue, then go for it for the savings. You also have 14 days with Sprint to test out their service and see if it works for you.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
My Dad lives in Tulsa, OK and has Sprint. I guess it must work okay there, but he just came here to AZ on vacation and his service was terrible. They stayed in Cottonwood and were all over Northern AZ and he would frequently have to use his Verizon MiFi, especially indoors!

TheOneRico

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn’t switch to Sprint due to their terrible customer support. At work we actually just switched to T Mobile from Sprint because of this exact point, and it was very painful and they kept on billing us for several months, claiming that we didn’t cancel the lines or service with them. I’m still trying to make it right.

I personally have been with T Mobile for many years and have never had any issues. I’ve driven all over the US and generally had better reception than someone else on Sprint.

chig

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, after talking to many people and advice from forum members, I'm gonna stick with T-Mobile... Sprint it seems isn't doing much of anything anymore about their coverage, service, spectrum, living off of the customers they have and probably desperately hoping the tmobile merger happens...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro