Spreadsheet App

Stuart Goldberg

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting an iPhone in a 1 1/2 weeks when my contract is up. I now have a Blackberry and use Sheets to
Go the SS module from Docs to Go. I have a good size spread sheet that I use to store data for reference, no calculations, formulas, etc.I actually use it more as a database. The Spreadsheet is created in iWork Numbers. I know there is a Numbers app for the iPad, but I don't think for the iPhone. Should I buy Docs to Go or is there something better/easier? Just out of curiosity, I currently take my SS file on my Mac and copy it to a micro card and put into my BB. Just wondering how I get my data into my iPhone since there is no removable card? Somehow with iTunes?
thanks

Please advise if I should have posted this somewhere else.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I would say go with Docs To Go (D2G) If I am not mistaken it will read all iWork Docs.

To get Docs onto my iP4 from my I use two methods. D2G has a Desktop Sync client that works over WiFi. Drop a folder or Doc into Desktop client, then just sync wirelessly to iPhone. I also use DropBox. It is Free. YOu get 2Gig of space Free, and it sync wirelessly with my iPhone. Anything I put in Drop Box I can "pull down" to my iPhone into D2G.

Easy-Peasy!:D

You may also look at QuickOffice. It does the same thing.

bbtransplant

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I installed dropbox and love it. Will sync with anything I edit or do on my laptop. Only thing is that I can't edit the document on the iphone within dropbox (or if it can I haven't figured out how to yet). Looking into getting an app for doing edit on documents on my iphone though. But so far it will open up and view any document i've been emailed or sync'd with dropbox.

Stuart Goldberg

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Docs to Go will work. You just drop the file into a Docs to Go folder alias installed on the desktop. I think the regular addition is $10 (not editable) and the Premium is $15-$20 (editable).

bbtransplant

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Docs to Go will work. You just drop the file into a Docs to Go folder alias installed on the desktop. I think the regular addition is $10 (not editable) and the Premium is $15-$20 (editable).

Are you looking for the edit feature though? Cause dropbox is free and gives you OTA sync with your computer and 2GB free space.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro