Spotify or Google music all access? Or even Xbox music

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Google music all access since its launch for android and paying $7.99 or $95.88 per year. I had a spotify subscription because there was an offer for $0.99 for three months if you used PayPal . Going to quit one and probably thinking of canceling spotify well because it costs more. Is there any advantage in spotify over google's product ? Also considering Xbox since there's apps for it on android and I think ios but I can also listen to it on my Xbox one as well and around the same price per year ag $99.99

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Use whatever music service makes the most sense for the devices you own. In your case, it sounds like Xbox music would be the best choice.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It is all about personal preference and what you are going to get the most out of. For me, I use Spotify and it works beautifully for my needs. I get a student discount so I am only paying $4.99/mo for a year. After that I will still continue to use it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It is all about personal preference and what you are going to get the most out of. For me, I use Spotify and it works beautifully for my needs. I get a student discount so I am only paying $4.99/mo for a year. After that I will still continue to use it.

Each has its own advantages that I'm not sure about. Xbox never tried it but I think I read it has about the same sized catalog as spotify and I could use it on my Xbox , iPad and phone . Spotify I find the app to the easiest to navigate on the iPad but even with Google music on my android phone ( idk perhaps I find the back button with android easier idk). Google has its advantage of simply being the cheapest and I can mix their music with my own personal library of music

Is there any any library difference between the three though ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard, Microsoft's library is the largest of all streaming services. I've never used Xbox Music on iOS, but it seems pretty decent on Win 8, WP8, and Xbox.

Edit: just read my reply again and realized it sounds like I'm promoting the Xbox service. Not the case at all. I only recommend it because you have an Xbox. I currently use Spotify and it suits my needs. Doubtful there will be a Spotify app for Xbox in the near future since the announcement that Spotify will be replacing the Sony music service on PS. Can you DLNA stream Spotify from your iPad to your Xbox?

Last edited:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not using any. I just signed up for the trial to Apple Music, and ended up turning it off and toggling all of that crap off in iTunes and on my iPhone. Just. Too. Much. Crap... Jammed into the Screen (iPhone) and Navigation Bar (iTunes). Really, my phone felt more like Apple's than mine.

And the iTunes Library Match stuff was... awful. Albums that iTunes downloaded with non-matching metadata (splitting the album in two) which I fixed... were showing up on my devices split up again with the cloud icon by them. It was just too much trouble.

I actually ended up wiping all the music off of my iPhone and resynching it with my iMac to fix issues with metadata and Album Art. The bright side of that is that I saved some space on my device by synching everything and having it convert the higher bitrate files to 256kbps AAC files ;-) Still sounds good, Lol.

I'll wait for Microsoft's Xbox Music app update and see if they make any changes to the services (like genre-specific internet radio stations) and if so, I'll get that since I have a Windows Notebook and Xbox Music works fine on a Mac via the browser (Requires Flash, though). I also like that I can Store and Stream my Music Collection from OneDrive for free. Apple charges for that.

Too bad Amazon's streaming library is pitiful. They have the best "value," IMO, with Amazon Prime Instant Video and other things bundled into the same package for basically the same price.

Clay523

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Nearly about last 5 months I used Mixradio for listening music. Why not just try each app for a month? It won't cost a lot for you.

Muessig

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
At the moment I'm using Spotify a lot - wish it was cheaper for the premium service though!

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am currently doing the $0.99 trial of Spotify. I previously used Xbox Music, which hasn't improved in the year I've had it. I'm going to keep my Spotify subscription and I already unsubscribed Groove Music, formerly Xbox Music.

Muessig

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If I got a University card (my place of work) I could get Spotify half price but like all things its just a matter of getting around to it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro