Spigen SGP customer service sucks!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Ultra Crystal film from them back on Sep. 14th for my iPhone 5. iPhone 5 Screen Protector Steinheil Series | SPIGEN SGP They arrived on Sep. 22nd and they did not fit my device. However, I received an email from them on the 21st telling me that they knew they wouldn't fit and had already sent my replacements out free of charge. Nice right? No, because they never sent them out. I contacted customer service via email to inquire were the replacements were on Monday and was told to give it another day. Still nothing on the 3rd, and now they didn't res[pond to my email. I got their office number off of the BBB website and contacted them a few minutes ago. The office rep was rude and said "what do you want me to do about it", so I told her I've had enough waiting and wanted my money back. She said she couldn't do that but would forward my request to someone else and said I would have to wait another 5 to 7 days to hear back from someone as they are too busy right now and then hung the phone up.....
As a result of the poor customer service that I have received from them, not only will I never purchase another product from them. I plan on disputing the charge with my CC company and will take this to planet feedback and the BBB as well. There is never an excuse for someone to be rude and unhelpful, and I'm not waiting any longer for a refund on a product that wasn't delivered has promised.

From now on I will only use Power Support screen protectors as I have always done in the past. PS customer service has always been easy to get through to as they list a number on their website and they are quick to send out replacements if needed. http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/the-new-iphone-5-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields-films-jackets/apple-iphone-5-crystal-screen-protection-film.html

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... I am now in contact with them now with two recent orders on how the screen bubbles up after a few weeks in certain spots.

They want pictures or video showing evidence which I am cool with. But it has started to turn my head away for what I thought was a great product.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm also in the process of returning a the film...I ordered via Amazon...and they have been super nice...just waiting to get the credit...hopefully...I saw the item made it back to them on the 1st. I think I'll wait till next week if nothing happens to contact them.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... I am now in contact with them now with two recent orders on how the screen bubbles up after a few weeks in certain spots.

They want pictures or video showing evidence which I am cool with. But it has started to turn my head away for what I thought was a great product.

I noticed the bubble up issue as well on the first set they sent me on the right lower side and that was the part that did line up right. My Power Support protectors never bubbled up no matter how long they were on.

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was having problems with my Ultra Crystal screen protector that I ordered for my iPhone 5. didn't fit right and had bubbling issues.. so I wrote them an email and they replied back the same day telling me I could've gotten the defective product and told me they would send me a new one right away and i didn't have to send them anything back. just email them the photos of the defective item. Got revised version in 3 days and not having any issues with this one so far. Thought their cs was quick to reply and helpful.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally called my CC comp. tonight to dispute the charge with SPG for their faulty product. My CC company gave me a full refund including the shipping charge. The fact that SPG'S online site doesn't have a 1-800 number listed in the contact section on their web site should have been a red flag to me about them. A customer's only option of contact should not be through email alone, but a contact number as well.
Also, I know know the reason why their ratings for this product are so high, it's because they will NOT publish the ones that give only a one star. I tried to submit my review of the screen protectors that I purchased and they would not publish my negative review..... Anyone who wants to purchase their products should use caution, and don't expect to receive a reply via email, or an honest reply from them if in fact you do.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My order was canceled and a refund is pending according to them.

I bought via Amazon and they seem to have taken care of me. Just waiting to see the refund via my bank.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually Irish Rose, I got numerous emails back from them explaining the issues I was having. They in turn corrected the problems with sending me replacements. No questions or issues. Though for some it may seem as a hassle to email them back. Our communication was very good and became resolved after a few conversations.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Actually Irish Rose, I got numerous emails back from them explaining the issues I was having. They in turn corrected the problems with sending me replacements. No questions or issues. Though for some it may seem as a hassle to email them back. Our communication was very good and became resolved after a few conversations.

Well, good for you. That does not change the fact that they never emailed me back, nor did they send out the replacements that they promised. Therefore, to me, their customer service sucks but at least my CC company refunded my money and a lesson learned for me never to deal with these jerks again.....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow, no need to hassle me.... I was just providing helpful feedback in communication. As for a reply, I was asked to provide pictures before anything was sent to me. would you like the contact info I have for SGP that I dealt with?

There are +'s and -"s with any company, hardware/software, cases, etc......

Some are good and some are bad in some minds of users. but that does not mean things may work out differently for other people.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, no need to hassle me.... I was just providing helpful feedback in communication. As for a reply, I was asked to provide pictures before anything was sent to me. would you like the contact info I have for SGP that I dealt with?

There are +'s and -"s with any company, hardware/software, cases, etc......

Some are good and some are bad in some minds of users. but that does not mean things may work out differently for other people.

I was simply saying good for you that you had a good experience with them, nothing more. If they would have asked for pics I would have been happy to supply them, however, this company emailed me first letting me know that they knew the originals weren't going to fit and that they had already sent out replacements, which was a lie. Btw, I never said that someone else wouldn't have a different experience with them. This thread is about the lousy, nonexistent service that I was given from them. Trust me, if they pulled this crap on you, you'd be pissed off too......

---------- Post Merged at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Got my refund from them...sorry you had to go so far as to call your CC company Irish Rose.

Glad to hear that you got your refund from them. :)

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well, good for you. That does not change the fact that they never emailed me back, nor did they send out the replacements that they promised. Therefore, to me, their customer service sucks but at least my CC company refunded my money and a lesson learned for me never to deal with these jerks again.....

Little snippy today? Lol j/k

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Little snippy today? Lol j/k

I guess my post did come off that way, but it's not the way I meant it to. I just haven't had this happen to me before and am really annoyed by the whole thing. I guess I can let it go now, though, since my CC company already refunded my money. :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess my post did come off that way, but it's not the way I meant it to. I just haven't had this happen to me before and am really annoyed by the whole thing. I guess I can let it go now, though, since my CC company already refunded my money. :)

I know it was just frustrating.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had the exact opposite experience. Customer service was amazing!!! I ordered the Glas.t before the iPhone5 was out. Mine was a bit off, and I mean a bit. I told them and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

They did however ask for a picture of the issue and I told them I could not get it to come out since it was on a white iPhone and the slight issue was not showing up well. They told me not to worry about the picture and sent me a new Glas.t anyway.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Got an email from SGP this morning telling me that they issued a refund to my Paypal account including the shipping. I did file a complaint with PP after I posted this thread but didn't think it went through because of a time out error message and I hadn't heard back from anyone. Although I'm still not happy with their customer service, I am glad they finally gave me a refund. Now I just have to let my Cc comp know, because as of now I've received 2 credits for the same item.

pissedoff828

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a contact number or email for SGP?
Waiting 5 days now after placing an order. No word that it shipped-
I wish I would have seen all the negative feedback on this company prior to wasting my money.

CehowardNote7

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a Tempered Glass Slim'R from Amazon, and it doesn't stick my to my phone. In addition, I find it strange, that a company doesn't have a SUPPORT PHONE NUMBER? I see you said that they got back to you the same day, but that is not the case all the time. I have been waiting 2 days for a response..

Again, no phone number, I am staying out. I didn't know that until I had a problem and had to contact them.. Shucks, I wouldn't care if it was just an answering machine, at least have a phone number.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a contact number or email for SGP?
Waiting 5 days now after placing an order. No word that it shipped-
I wish I would have seen all the negative feedback on this company prior to wasting my money.

The first order I placed I paid for Priority Mail shipping, it went out like the same day, and I had it realyl fast. This time around I ordered the same thing (so I could put them on my family's phones) and I just did the first class mail shipping. It took a week for a shipping notice, and then I just got them today, so 2 weeks TOTAL from when I ordered...which is ridic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice