• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Speck CandyShell Issue

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had Speck CandyShells for my iPhone 4, 4S and 5 and have recommended them to all my friends and family because I think they're good-looking and protect well. My mom's saved her iPhone 4S from a fall; the bottom thin strip near the charging port broke but her iPhone is still perfect. It did its job. The one problem I have with them is I can't get the screen clean without taking the phone out of the case. I think the rubber absorbs your hand oils and when you wipe the screen the cloth grabs some of the oil and drags it behind. I'm kinda neurotic about having a clean screen so it bothers me a bit. Take it out of the case, screen wipes off perfectly with one swipe. Put it back in, Smear City. I've tried cleaning the rubber with a little alcohol to try to remove any oil but it just doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem? Have you found a way around it? I don't see one and I'll just deal with it but I wanted to share my pain. :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Alcohol & rubber = not a good combination. A light detergent & water is a better choice for cleaning rubber.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Alcohol & rubber = not a good combination. A light detergent & water is a better choice for cleaning rubber.

Thank you. I'll give the mild detergent and water a shot tonight. I figured the alcohol may dry out or otherwise damage the rubber so after I tried it once and it didn't work I didn't press my luck. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman