Special case of missing Keys.plist

leJacques

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks.
I've been having major problems with this iphone.
Thing is: I bought it locked to a carrier, and jailbreaked. When I came home, I restored it using iTunes which updated the baseband. (Yes I know, that was stupid of me)

After jailbreaking it again succesfully on 5.1.1 (without SHSH-blobs because Redsn0w said that ispw was unsupported), it got stuck in a recovery loop

I have used these steps:
1. plugged out iphone, closed redsn0w
2. plugged in iphone + entered DFU
3. start up redsnow and try recovery fix

These steps keep giving me the missing keys.plist error.

I have spent countless hours roaming forums but no case seems to match mine.
Anyone an idea to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you didnt successfully jailbreak it because you didnt have blobs.
this is according to your own post.
what phone do you have?
you need to plug it into itunes and do a restore and start over again pretty much.

leJacques

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply!
Well, problem is: restoring via itunes is giving me errors. This time I believe it is error 1600.

I stitched blobs to a 5.1.1 ipsw but this custom created ipsw is not accepted by Redsnow,
it says it is 'not supported by this version of redsnow'.
I tried using 12b1 and 15b3. Both won't accepted it.

- - - Updated - - -

And it is an iPhone 4

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so going over the first post again, im confused, you said when you got home you restored it? so didnt you end up on ios 6.0.1?

so maybe you are jailbroken on ios 6.0.1 which would mean you are tethered, so you need to plug your phone into your pc and start redsnow and just boot tethered to start your device up again

Citrina

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have similar probelm I just jailbroke my phone everything went alright, but when I wanted to reboot it due the tutorial which I was fallowing (how to add siri) I had to reboot my phone and when I entered DFU mode it gave me the Keys.plist error I have 3GS, and runing it on 6.0.1 OMG and its now actually stuck on apple logo :'(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have similar probelm I just jailbroke my phone everything went alright, but when I wanted to reboot it due the tutorial which I was fallowing (how to add siri) I had to reboot my phone and when I entered DFU mode it gave me the Keys.plist error I have 3GS, and runing it on 6.0.1 OMG and its now actually stuck on apple logo :'(

so you know how to boot tethered??

also whatever guide you are using to install siri is probably wrong... you need to jailbreak first, then look for the package spire.
thats the only legit way to install siri properly....
also your 3gs cant really handle siri. sorry

Citrina

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well the problem is not really about 3gs handling siri and if i having this error yes I know how to boot tethered and yes Im jailbroken I have cydia from which I chose siri port. But the main problem is why do I get this error? Why doesnt it let me reboot? I Jailbroked it fine just I have issues when I have to reboot and now I also have to restore my phone because it was stuck on apple logo after that fricking rebooting and now I have to jailbreak it again but if it again doesnt let me reboot especially when its tethered is no point for me to jailbroke. So can anyone help?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well the problem is not really about 3gs handling siri and if i having this error yes I know how to boot tethered and yes Im jailbroken I have cydia from which I chose siri port. But the main problem is why do I get this error? Why doesnt it let me reboot? I Jailbroked it fine just I have issues when I have to reboot and now I also have to restore my phone because it was stuck on apple logo after that fricking rebooting and now I have to jailbreak it again but if it again doesnt let me reboot especially when its tethered is no point for me to jailbroke. So can anyone help?

you got that error because of siriport.

also the jailbreak for ios 6 is tethered. you are always going to have to reboot tethered to reboot your phone. until the jailbreak is untethered.

when you installed siriport it mucked up EVERYTHING in your phone, so when you tried to reboot tethered all your plists and keys were different than what was expected.

using itunes restore as new

rejailbreak

understand its a tethered jailbreak.

use spire if you really need siri.

enjoy tether rebooting your 3gs about every 2 hours because of siri

Citrina

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Omg I just asked for a help, there is no need for that attitude like I'm stupid and I do know whats the difference between tether and untether jailbreak, in which point of my paragraph I let you believe different? And what the frick is with u and siri? Just because I had this problem due to my attempt to install this particular program doesn't mean Im stupid.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bump.
Problem still isn't solved.
If anyone could take a couple of minutes to post an idea, I'd be very grateful!

When you plug your phone into
iTunes, what does it read?
As in what's your firmware?
Are you on ios6.0.1? Or 5.1.1?

nrjones

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried jailbreaking using several versions of redsnow for my 3gs 6.0.1, but it wont let me finish the jailbreak. After it says "Identifying Build" it goes to "Missing keys.plist for this build" or along those lines. How do i fix this so i can JB my phone? Thanks guys

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
iTunes cannot see its current hardware, as it is in this recovery loop..

Well you need to use tiny umbrella or redsnow to kick it out of recovery.
Does your phone just power on and show connect to iTunes? Or does it
Power on, show the apple logo and just never actually boot up?

Also the thing is, on November 18, iOS was in 6.0.1... So when you restored, you ended up on ios6. So when you "jailbroke5.1.1" "without using blobs" you completed the impossible...

I think you are jailbroken, and I think you just need to boot tethered...

miislamusic

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i have the same issue as lejacques....and 3cit.. ive done it all...hours... i did just boot on redsnow,custom,exit recovery, tried tiny umbrella,ireb,iboot,i tunes, tried jailbreaking again, showed me the pineapple of cidya..i though it was good..it just went back to recovery.... it says im missing keys... fingerprint ...i bought the phone like this..lol..now im stuck just like the phone..lol

Andrei Vladicescu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I had the same problem. Did all the above without any luck, but finally solved it the following way:

1. make sure your phone is Off (not DFU)
2. make sure the phone is not connected to the PC.
3. start itunes
4. holding Home button, connect the phone to USB.
5. the USB --->iTunes logo should appear on display.
6. restore using iTunes.

Good Luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal