Space on a 32gb iphone

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My wife just got a 32gb iphone 5. She loaded a few digital copies of movies we own onto itunes. How much space does the average movie take up on a phone?

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure how she converted. She went to the site on the digital copy and picked to load them to itunes. Its sad to admit but she is the tech person in our house. On the upside shes also the lawn mower and dish washer =)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife just got a 32gb iphone 5. She loaded a few digital copies of movies we own onto itunes. How much space does the average movie take up on a phone?

Look at the movie list in iTunes and it will show you how large the files are. Their sizes will depend on the video size (standard def vs hi def) and rip/encoding quality.

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, You were right on. I checked her phone last night and it had 21.8 gb available . After loading the new twilight movie on it Im showing 20.3 gb available. She was dummed because we could not find a 64gb phone for her upgrade so she had to settle for the 32gb. She planned on putting some movies on it and was worried about space. I think the 32 will workout just fine. I also added The Hunger Games to my phone and it took 2.01 GB.

Last edited:

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, You were right on. I checked her phone last night and it had 21.8 gb available . After loading the new twilight movie on it Im showing 20.3 gb available. She was dummed because we could not find a 64gb phone for her upgrade so she had to settle for the 32gb. She planned on putting some movies on it and was worried about space. I think the 32 will workout just fine. I also added The Hunger Games to my phone and it took 2.01 GB.

My IPhone4 was a 16gb and I had some movies and music on it. You can always switch to iTunes Match which will convert all your current music selection to higher clarity and allow you to stream your music as opposed to store it on the device.

For me, I have a 32gb Iphone 5 and still have lots of space. You do not have to store everything in Itunes on your phone. Therefore when I leave to go on a trip, I will download enough movies and shows to cover the flight and that is it.