• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Space grey, no peeling. Am I one of the lucky ones?

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I had some concerns about the space grey peeling off the stainless steel. I’ve had my X for a few days now and there’s no signs of it starting. Those who’ve suffered the issue, how long did it take?

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
First I've heard of this but haven't been looking for cosmetic flaws. I've had mine since the 3rd and haven't experienced any cosmetic defects.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No, I think as long as you take reasonable care of the Space Gray, you likely won't have an issue. I think there are a few where, for whatever reason, the coloring wasn't properly applied and so it flaked -- but I think those are rare. Then I think there are others that are tough on their phones that might have it flake -- the ones that always have huge scratches and gouges in whatever phone they use.

I'll be interested to see how many actually end up having the color flake. My guess is it won't be that many, but we'll find out over the next couple of years.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I had some concerns about the space grey peeling off the stainless steel. I’ve had my X for a few days now and there’s no signs of it starting. Those who’ve suffered the issue, how long did it take?

It should not peel or flake unless there is impact. If it does, that is not normal wear and tear but a mfg. defect.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have mine in a Apple OEM Leather case since the official launch day and haven’t had any issues. Still looks like the day I bought it.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Forgive me but if a device worth more then 1000 bucks has that problem then that would be a disgrace especially for a company that pride themselves on build quality! Highly doubt its gonna peel

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman