Sound Issue

khitman1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the forum and iphone, so I am sorry if my question has been answered before.
My girlfriend has an iphone 4. Recently she has lost the speaker sound if she plays music or watches a video. Text messages arrive, but she does not get the notice sound when it arrives.
She is a high school coach and her athletes have used her phone as a stereo during practice -sometimes connecting it to a stereo and sometimes just setting it down and listening to it.

I have tried downloading the current software, but still no sound. I also tired re-setting all settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Double tap the home button, swipe in that bottom area from left to right twice to see the volume bar... and tap the window with the up arrow and make sure the AirPlay is set to iPhone - if they used the phone for a stereo device that is AirPlay capable, it may have been left in that mode... if they used a cable to connect to the phone's headphone jack to the stereo - try plugging in a headphone and removing it again and see if that works - otherwise, a visit to an Apple store & a Genius for further troubleshooting.

khitman1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Last night, I tried the above. When the screen came up to the volume bar, there wasn't a button to slide. The line for the Voume Button was visible, just nothing to slide to increase the volume.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR