Some iPhone X theorys

Resource_Harvester

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
Ever since the the announcement of the iPhone X I have been baffled about so many things and I have some theorys to put to the test, lets get started.

#1 : The name

What confused me the most is why X is pronounced 10.
OSX wasn't called OS ten, so why did Apple throw a curveball?
Here's my take: OSX was the tenth version of the software, while iPhone X is ten years. Roman Numerils (yes I know I can't spell:tongue:) are often used when talking about time and Apple recently removed the "X" from MacOS so my guess is they want to redefine the use of the letter "X".

#2 : The price

Many people think the X is overpriced and in a way I can see why: it's the first mainstream phone to go for a grand. However R&D costs, parts and production issues are part of the problem. Also a Note8 is $50 less but has none of these problems.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Ever since the the announcement of the iPhone X I have been baffled about so many things and I have some theorys to put to the test, lets get started.

[URL=https://forums.imore.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] : The name

Here's my take: OSX was the tenth version of the software, while iPhone X is ten years. Roman Numerils (yes I know I can't spell:tongue:) are often used when talking about time and Apple recently removed the "X" from MacOS so my guess is they want to redefine the use of the letter "X".

[URL=https://forums.imore.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] : The price

Many people think the X is overpriced and in a way I can see why: it's the first mainstream phone to go for a grand. However R&D costs, parts and production issues are part of the problem. Also a Note8 is $50 less but has none of these problems.

#1 . Well, OS X was pronounced 10, but nobody bothered and pronounced it X: How to Pronounce the iPhone X | Time.com

#2 . I think that the Face ID tech accounts for a large portion of that price.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

#1 : The name

#2 : The price

The Note 8 also has basically the same tech as a phone released 6 months previous. The iPhone X has a new tech that nobody has seen before, a new processor developed in house, a new screen orientation for people who have used iPhones previously to get used to, and a few extra things never seen in an iPhone before. The Note 8 to me is a bit overpriced for what it is (a bigger S8+ with a pen and extra camera) as is the new iPhone. I think the 8 and 8 Plus should have both been about $50-100 cheaper and that the X should have been $899 and $1049 but I don't know how much they cost to manufacture and how much of the R&D costs are specific to the X and FaceID.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2