Some iOS 11 "Why" Questions

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Am not using. I just don’t want it in background. It eating my battery

The flashlight is eating your battery while you are not using it? That is really odd. I can't imagine why the flashlight would do that. I actually use my flashlight at night when I take my dog out and mine still doesn't use enough battery to even show up on the usage list.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple, why doesn’t the weather widget update properly? I don’t want to have to keep restarting the phone to get an updated weather report. Yes, location services are on but ever since iOS 11, the widget stopped working right.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Why did Apple decide to add huge left-aligned title text within each app only to have it shrink and centered if the user scrolls? After the scrolling occurs the title text goes right back to where it has always been. Seems pointless and takes up more screen real estate. Does anyone think this serves a purpose?

Hmm, I've no idea. I don't really notice it to be honest.

Why have the huge app bar inside the Messages app, are people sharing GIFs and apps more than writing actual text messages?

Depends. Currently I am in a constant group chat with roughly 10 to 15 other people. Using gifs and playing with things on that bar is pretty common for us.

Side note: Does anyone actually use the voice recording within Messages? I've tried it immediately after its release, but have never used it again, not on purpose anyway.

I do. There is absolutely nothing in this world that can make your day brighter than hearing the words I Love You when a phone call is not possible. I have childhood friends that go back more than 40 years, and being able to hear them can sometimes be the difference between having a bad day or a good day. Sometimes you just don't feel like talking over the phone.

Anyone else have any other "why would Apple do this" questions?

My biggest complaint is that Apple has never added a "Mute" icon to the top bar by the battery when you flip the Mute switch on the side of the phone. It just baffles me that it doesn't exist.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro