Some iOS 11 "Why" Questions

dubstir

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Why did Apple decide to add huge left-aligned title text within each app only to have it shrink and centered if the user scrolls? After the scrolling occurs the title text goes right back to where it has always been. Seems pointless and takes up more screen real estate. Does anyone think this serves a purpose?

Why have the huge app bar inside the Messages app, are people sharing GIFs and apps more than writing actual text messages?

Side note: Does anyone actually use the voice recording within Messages? I've tried it immediately after its release, but have never used it again, not on purpose anyway.

Anyone else have any other "why would Apple do this" questions?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple wanted to make the stock apps the same, why with the title, I couldn’t say. It doesn’t bother me though, I hardly notice it.

The app bar is because Apple is trying to push more apps in iMessage. I use quite a few in an iMessage group and it’ll be nice to have it there when P2P Apple Pay is finally released.

I also don’t use the voice recording with iMessage but it’s still a nifty feature.

My only real why, is why Apple put swipe control for second page characters on the iPad keyboard but not the iPhone keyboard.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Why did they remove the force touch to open app drawer and quickly change between apps. That is the real one feature I miss, was fast and helpful specially for the plus iPhones.

Oh and I do use the voice recording a lot, I don’t always have time to type something while on the move, sending a voice note is way faster.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Why did they remove the force touch to open app drawer and quickly change between apps. That is the real one feature I miss, was fast and helpful specially for the plus iPhones.

It’s being brought back with iOS 11.1. Apple DOES listen to us...sometimes!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some iOS 11 "Why" Questions

Why did Apple decide to add huge left-aligned title text within each app only to have it shrink and centered if the user scrolls? After the scrolling occurs the title text goes right back to where it has always been. Seems pointless and takes up more screen real estate. Does anyone think this serves a purpose?

Why have the huge app bar inside the Messages app, are people sharing GIFs and apps more than writing actual text messages?

Side note: Does anyone actually use the voice recording within Messages? I've tried it immediately after its release, but have never used it again, not on purpose anyway.

Anyone else have any other "why would Apple do this" questions?

I have a simple ‘why’ question......“Why don’t you ask Apple?”.........You can even use the following link.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p

Last edited:

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My biggest why question and honestly the only thing I have to grumble about my iPhone is the control Center "feature".
The fact that when you toggle WiFi and Bluetooth now, it doesn't actually turn off. I find it so so so so useless. I get I am the minority here, but still. What was wrong with how it had been before????????

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, Apple.....Why do I have to quickly press both volume up and volume down buttons just to put the device in DFU mode? Ugh!....(laughing)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR