Some apps opening then closing!

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is obviously one of the pitfalls of jailbreaking.... I just noticed that I can't get into the "Sounds" option of the stock Settings app. It closes right after opening. Then I noticed the stock "Weather" app does the same. Not sure what else is doing this, or when it might have started. But while I can find alternatives to Weather, I think I really need to get into Sounds. Tried a hard reset, nothing. Is there any fix apart from restoring and reconstructing my phone from scratch, which I do not want to do after days of setting it up?

(Phone: 4s, iOS 6.1.2)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
This happens when u install something from Cydia that isn't compatible with ur OS. What tweaks have u recently installed?

Skinjob

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I found out that I can disable Cydia apps via SBSettings. After disabling nearly every one, I tracked the sucker down to "Springtomize 2". I had ver. 1.4.3, which appears not to be compatible with ios 6.1.2., as that is what was causing the "Sounds" option in "Settings" to close immediately upon launch. I upgraded to ver. 1.4.5-1, and it seems ok now. However, even after disabling all Cydia apps, the stock Weather app still closes upon launch. That's not a biggie though, I just replaced it with AccuWeather. Hopefully, nothing else is messed up.... (crosses fingers...).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EldenRasco