Sold both my iPhone Xs

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sold both my iPhone Xes

I've noticed you over on the S9 forums and wondered if you would switch. We'll miss seeing you around here.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

...but still have my 6 Plus. After having iPhones as daily drivers for over a year the Note 8 and S9+ called me and I couldn't resist.

Perhaps I'll be back in the Fall if there's a larger X but for now I still have my newish 6Plus and SE.
I have the s9+ too. Love it. But I didn't sell my X. I'll keep it. I love both phones and both will serve a purpose for me. But man, this screen on the s9+ is so gorgeous.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Wow...I step away for a little while to move & this is the first post that popped up in my feed lol!! The S9 looks like an amazing device. I was looking at one in Best Buy the other day. Have fun with your new devices & keep us posted on how you like them

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much what I used to do everytime a new phone came out I usually upgraded to the latest flagship, on the iPhone side I do it annually but have swapped during the year for other reasons.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
...but still have my 6 Plus. After having iPhones as daily drivers for over a year the Note 8 and S9+ called me and I couldn't resist.

Perhaps I'll be back in the Fall if there's a larger X but for now I still have my newish 6Plus and SE.

I'm doing the opposite. I've had the S9+ for a few days now and I'll be returning it and keeping my X. The S9+ wasn't much different from the S8+ and the Note 8. Using the Samsung device made me realize how much better the X is when compared to Samsung Experience. Plus, I value timely software updates.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

this screen on the s9+ is so gorgeous.

I think the display on the X looks better. It's clearer and crisper and the colors are calibrated. I guess I can't stand the Samsung saturation anymore. Yes, I know it can be turned down, but the it looks drab. And the display on the S9+ looks way too cool. I prefer the warmness of the X's display.

Opinions differ, of course.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I think the display on the X looks better. It's clearer and crisper and the colors are calibrated. I guess I can't stand the Samsung saturation anymore. Yes, I know it can be turned down, but the it looks drab. And the display on the S9+ looks way too cool. I prefer the warmness of the X's display.

Opinions differ, of course.

I completely disagree. First the pixels per inch on the Samsung is higher which would mean a sharper screen. Me personally, I like the saturation better than the iPhone X.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing the opposite. I've had the S9+ for a few days now and I'll be returning it and keeping my X. The S9+ wasn't much different from the S8+ and the Note 8. Using the Samsung device made me realize how much better the X is when compared to Samsung Experience. Plus, I value timely software updates.

I have to agree with you. Since this is the first Samsung flagship I've owned (I did have a Galaxy Nexus, but I consider that a Google phone), I'll likely hang onto it -- though I do keep considering trading for the S9 rather than the Plus. I'll add that I really don't care for the curved screen; I get glare on the edges and the touch sensitivity isn't very good on the edge.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

I completely disagree. First the pixels per inch on the Samsung is higher which would mean a sharper screen. Me personally, I like the saturation better than the iPhone X.

The saturation looks cartoony to me. I don't like it. And pixels per inch doesn't necessarily make the display better. My iPhone X's screen looks sharper than the display on the S9+. I don't know what Apple did to the X's display, but it just looks better to my eyes.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree with you. Since this is the first Samsung flagship I've owned (I did have a Galaxy Nexus, but I consider that a Google phone), I'll likely hang onto it -- though I do keep considering trading for the S9 rather than the Plus. I'll add that I really don't care for the curved screen; I get glare on the edges and the touch sensitivity isn't very good on the edge.

I really hate curved displays. I don't know why Samsung decided to make them a thing. Sure, it looks good but it's not functional. I enjoyed the experience on the S8 Active more than I did on the S8+ just because the Active had a flat display.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

The saturation looks cartoony to me. I don't like it. And pixels per inch doesn't necessarily make the display better. My iPhone X's screen looks sharper than the display on the S9+. I don't know what Apple did to the X's display, but it just looks better to my eyes.

Once again, I completely disagree. But it’s your eyes and you have the right to your own opinion.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I was looking seriously at going back to Android(had a Note 4 before heading to ios) for either the Pixel 2 XL or the s9+. But with the wife and daughter on iPhones and my daughter not liking Android, since she upgraded to the X(a birthday present), I decided to do the same.

I will say, after using ithe X now for a few days, it's a nice change with the ease of facial recognition but over all I am Meh on the change over(had a 7+)

I am in a two week window for returning it but the beside the unification with the wife and daughter under ios, there's also no annual upgrade path on Verizon for any of the Android phones. I know I can pay off my old iPhone and buy via Samsung, but coughing up $400 isn't a grand idea(I had a 7+ so only $200 credit).

I'll probably go with the X I just got for another year and wait to see what the Note 9 brings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods