So who wants to take a swing? Who can tell me what the process "Mapspushd" is, purpose?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So lately I've noticed that I've had some battery life degradation on my Macbook Pro. I also noticed that I had a location service icon on my upper menu bar...I look in my location services and it shows that Maps has recently tried or HAS used location services (I have not personally used Maps in probably a week or two myself).

Long story short...I implemented Little Snitch 3 to see what processes are attempting to use or send out data without my knowledge, and I come across this:

"Mapspushd"

...and it seems to be trying to establish connections with odd websites that I either rarely use or NEVER use (IE: moviefone.com...I never use that website, I always use fandango).

Anyone have any ideas?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: So who wants to take a swing? Who can tell me what the process "Mapspushd" is, purpose?

Maybe Spotlight searches if you do them for things that require location based lookups?

Good guess, but as far as I understand/understood...Spotlight has it's own defined processes. This shows up independently of Spotlight.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: So who wants to take a swing? Who can tell me what the process "Mapspushd" is, purpose?

I just took some time to Google the hell out of this thing and came up with nothing. I even inadverately came across Sean on reddit lol

Anyway, I noticed that you said you visit Fandango. I believe Fandango is Moviefone's ticket provider so that may or not have something to do with that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I just took some time to Google the hell out of this thing and came up with nothing. I even inadverately came across Sean on reddit lol

Anyway, I noticed that you said you visit Fandango. I believe Fandango is Moviefone's ticket provider so that may or not have something to do with that.

lol! Now you can stalk me on Reddit. :p

Yeah, this thing is weird...and honestly, I don't think I've EVER used Fandango on my computer to order tickets (I use my iPhone).

I haven't had any issues in a couple of days, so maybe it realized I recognized it and it stopped, LOL! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23