So No NFC or wireless charging? :(

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a wireless charging pad at work, its great. I set my phone down on the desk anyway, no wires to plug in. And I really hope the rumors are true and the Prius C has the iQ in the console. Then I could charge my phone in the car without plugin it in. Oh well I will wait for the iPhone 6 or stay with my Nexus 4. :(

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as I use nfc everyday I can say that false.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Seeing as how I’ve NEVER had or needed NFC (or wireless charging), I can say it’s true. It’s all about perspective. If that’s what’s important to you, then you have to find a phone that offers it. I have no problem with that. Apple isn't for everyone. Neither is android. Find a device that does what you need it to, and buy it (vote with your wallet).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Remember last year when all these people said NFC would be a house hold tech and significantly more common every where? lol...guess we need to wait another year to this NFC really catch on? I'm all good personally.

Wireless charging still requires a charging plate, so to me, it's still not different than a usb cord, maybe even a little less convenient considering the usb cord is adaptable in so many places vs. the wireless charging plates (IE: car, plane, boat, desk, TV, etc).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Remember last year when all these people said NFC would be a house hold tech and significantly more common every where? lol...guess we need to wait another year to this NFC really catch on? I'm all good personally.

Wireless charging still requires a charging plate, so to me, it's still not different than a usb cord, maybe even a little less convenient considering the usb cord is adaptable in so many places vs. the wireless charging plates (IE: car, plane, boat, desk, TV, etc).

It probably would have been, had Apple decided to do it. But since they left it out (again), it’s still not that common. Wonder who is driving technology these days? Hmmm?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but why do you use NFC? I'm not saying that it is not needed but what do you use it for? The only time I interact with NFC is to turn it off when setting up the phone. Also, my iPhone 5 gets extremely good battery life and I only need to charge it when I actually go to bed. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm actually very curious as to why you need them? When I had my 920 it wasn't really used until I got to bed anyway

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It probably would have been, had Apple decided to do it. But since they left it out (again), it’s still not that common. Wonder who is driving technology these days? Hmmm?

Exactly! Now that the fingerprint scanner is in the iPhone 5s it's going to take off! I was on Android Central and of course someone mentioned the Atrix having a fingerprint scanner but puhlease my friend had one and that thing was a freaking joke. Yes the Atrix may have a fingerprint scanner 3 years before Apple but that's the beauty of Apple they don't just implement features just check off a box but now I think we'll be seeing a bunch of copy cats with the fingerprint technology.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

You said it! I was hoping for NFC on the 5s, if for no other reason than to make it more common. Obviously Apple is driving technology.

On the other hand, to those of you who say NFC and wireless charging are useless or gimmicks, it's one of those things you say until you actually use it. Then it quickly becomes very important! When I was a kid I remember my dad saying the same thing about a laptop, a cell phone, a toll road transponder (I-Pass, EZ-Pass, I-Zoom, whatever your state uses). Guess what 3 things he now makes sure are in the vehicle when he hits the road?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not having an NFC chip is not an issue for me at this time. Like I've stated in the past, I have no need for it as of yet. Still, I understand that there are people who do and who would love to have it on their iPhones, but it is safe to assume that there's no mass urgent outcry for it.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
NFC would be a nice toy but def not needed .. Not unless your going to tag everything lol once apple or if apple decides to use it then and only then will you see it in retail and around town and will be used by the masses .. If apple don't ok it the public don't bother

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but why do you use NFC? I'm not saying that it is not needed but what do you use it for? The only time I interact with NFC is to turn it off when setting up the phone. Also, my iPhone 5 gets extremely good battery life and I only need to charge it when I actually go to bed. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm actually very curious as to why you need them? When I had my 920 it wasn't really used until I got to bed anyway

I use google wallet daily.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
NFC would be a nice toy but def not needed .. Not unless your going to tag everything lol once apple or if apple decides to use it then and only then will you see it in retail and around town and will be used by the masses .. If apple don't ok it the public don't bother

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

It already caught on here in chicago.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It already caught on here in chicago.

That's cool I kinda wish it did here in San Diego but even if I had it I couldn't use it anywhere here so I guess that's why I'm not too upset

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !