So my 2nd Zagg glass is now chipped

ErinHenriksen

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought a case-friendly Zagg glass screen protector when I got my 6 plus in October. After a couple of months, it was chipped at the left side. I contacted them and got another one. I have had it on maybe a month, and now it is has a small annoying chip on the left side. It Is about even with the bottom of the top volume button. I really like the screen protector, but I don't want to have to keep replacing them. I haven't dropped it and try to avoid sitting with it in my pocket.

Anybody got a good recommendation of a screen protector that they really like that will LAST? It needs to be case-friendly. It doesn't have to be glass....

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the zagg HDX- ask them to replace the glass with this- I have mine on since November without issue

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
WOW that's bad luck OP. So sorry to hear. I used to get the Zagg HDX and they were fantastic. Lasted forever.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the tempered glass protector made by Verizon since November and have never had any problems. I've use a variety of cases like Speck candyshell, Speck smartflex card case, spigen ultra hybrid crystal clear case, Twelve South Bookbook, Elago snap on case, Mophie juice pack air & helium, Kate Spade hybrid hard case....just to name a few.

I really like the Verizon glass protector and would recommend you give it a shot.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I had the exact same problem as the OP with my ZAGG Glass chipping. It's a shame that the best about the product is the warranty! The product has to also be installed PERFECTLY or the edge that ever so slightly hangs over the curved edge of the phones screen will catch on something eventually. It's a huge bummer.

I've turned to the Spigen Ultra SP, and it's great...but I miss the feeling of glass. So, recently when ZAGG had their BOGO promotion, I ordered a couple of the glass's so I'd at least have a ready spare if one chips!

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
For those that have had the chipped glass is that with a case on that its chipping (I may have overlooked that in the post)? I have the Zagg Glass on mine as well and last time I looked at it it was still pristine.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I'm also using the Zagg HDX ones on both my iPhone's and all of my family's.

Are the HDX's able to be lifted, should lint get trapped under? When I'm installing the Power Support ones from the Apple Store, I always am able to lift the film to remove trapped particles underneath.

Also, how is the clarity of this screen protector?

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Yeah having same issue as the OP. On my second Zagg glass screen protector and it has chipped again. I admit I have dropped my phone a few times but I found the crack several days afterwards without a drop.

The new crack is up by the earpiece on the right of it. It's not on the actual screen but still annoying Hate to request my THIRD replacement, when I've had my 6 plus for only about 2 months...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I have the illome and its all cracked up. The corner chilled and some came off and cut me! Thankfully my baby didn't find it! I was thinking of trying the Zagg....maybe not!

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I had a chip in one of my earlier Zaggs (it came chipped out of the package) and when I switched carriers and subsequently phones, I bought another Zagg and it doesn't have any chips in it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Every Zagg glass I've had for my iP6 and/or iP6+ has chipped. every last one. I stopped getting them and used alternatives from amazon like the ArmorSuit glass... .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro