So much for the demise of Apple

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Even Apple has faced tough times in the past, but I am sure they are pleased at where they are now. Still feel a little sad that Steve isn't around anymore to see it.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Apple Doomologists will still find a way to spin this as bad news and a sign of impending...
DOOM!
Will Apple be a dominant entity forever? Of course not.
Will they be dominant or at least relevant 5 years from now? Probably.
10 years from now? Who knows.

Frees speech means that the irrational, those with an axe to grind, and page visit wh0res are entitled to voice their thoughts and opinions freely.
No matter how misguided and absolutely wrong they are.
I'd like to thank them all for giving me something smh and laugh about.
I'd also like to thank them for giving the Macalope a job.

Say it with me! APPLE IS DOOOOOOOMMMMED...somehow?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Business success has its ups and downs. Apples current recipe is working well for them. This is a tough industry to be in, glad to see them doing so well. More importantly I am glad that they have such a great focus on customer service.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple needs to keep that fear of downfall front and center. Getting comfortable on top is what lead to Blackberry and Palm's very slow, painful, and public slide in to obscurity.

Since Steve Job's passing, I have felt the threat of Apple losing focus is very real. Steve was the visionary. Tim Cook and John Ive are doing great things, I just don't have the same confidence in their long term vision that I had in Steve's.

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Apple needs to keep that fear of downfall front and center. Getting comfortable on top is what lead to Blackberry and Palm's very slow, painful, and public slide in to obscurity.

Since Steve Job's passing, I have felt the threat of Apple losing focus is very real. Steve was the visionary. Tim Cook and John Ive are doing great things, I just don't have the same confidence in their long term vision that I had in Steve's.

I keep hearing the doom and gloom that Apple's edge and creativity died with Jobs. Nothing could be further from the truth. First of all, both Ive and Cook w ere hand picked by Jobs for their current rolls. Same with Federighi, Cue and Schiller. Apple continues to dominate, despite all the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth re: iOS 7.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Obviously. No matter what, people will buy iPhones, and other products, because it is one of the most highly valued status symbols in the world

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Obviously. No matter what, people will buy iPhones, and other products, because it is one of the most highly valued status symbols in the world

I hope that was sarcasm, but... I'd say a mansion, a Rolls, and a private jet are among most valued status symbols, but a $200 phone that's actually cheaper then certain Korean phones is NOT. Maybe where u live. Today if any status symbol applies to the gadget in your poket, it is the bigger the size of your screen - somehow if u got the biggest screen you're the "playa". Screw logic, right?

People don't buy iPhone "no matter what", they buy it because they find value in that investment, the find comfort in the design and UI, they find it suits their requirement as a tool. Status symbol, really? Is there really no better way to insult a common consumer?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice